On Monday, Dec. 2, Dale DeFeo, president, and members of Marco Island’s Calusa Garden Club were presented with a proclamation from the Marco Island City Council regarding the club’s donation of the Blue Star Memorial Marker at Veterans’ Community Park.
Calusa Garden Club members present at the meeting included Cristina Leske, Opi DeFalco, Dorrie Madonna, Nancy Reynolds, Linda Colombo, Linda Turner and Dale DeFeo.
The Calusa Garden Club exists to:
n Encourage and assist in establishing and maintaining botanical gardens and other horticultural endeavors in the city of Marco Island for the advancement of science and the education of the public.
- Educate community newcomers and residents to the unique sub-tropical growing conditions on Marco Island.
- Increase knowledge of the environment and how to protect it. To intensify efforts to beautify Marco Island.
- Further horticultural education and conservation in local schools.
- Provide all members with basic knowledge and skills in floral design and horticulture.
- Stimulate members interests and participation in the educational efforts of the club and its fellowship opportunities.
n Support and further the objectives of the Florida Federation of State Garden Clubs through District IX.