Marco Island teen arrested in hit-and-run

Alexandria Curcie

CCSO

Alexandria Curcie

Florida Highway Patrol troopers tracked down a Marco Island teen accused of fleeing the scene of a crash Sunday.

Alexandria Joy Curcie, 19, of the 100 block of Delbrook Way, was arrested later Sunday. She faces charges of failing to stop and remain at the scene of a crash involving injuries.

According to reports, Curcie was driving her mother’s 2006 BMW 325i when she rear-ended another driver in a 2002 Dodge Caravan on U.S. 41 East.

The van driver caught the license plate of the BMW as it pulled away. The victim was driving with her four children, one of which had to receive treatment for neck and back injuries at a Physicians Regional Hospital.

Troopers tracked the BMW’s plates to Curcie’s mother and visited the home where both lived.

Curcie at first told troopers she had let a friend borrow the car and didn’t know where it was, reports stated. Later, she said that was a lie and led troopers to the BMW parked in the backyard.

Curcie faces a third-degree felony charge.

© 2013 marconews.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

26yearsonmarco writes:

So what is going on with the vehicular homicide case that occurred at Tahiti & Bayport???

Rumor has it he is seen on video tape drinking shots at a local bar at 7:30 am the day of the murder.

RayPray writes:

in response to Genuine:

Most of the "arrogant bimbettes" I encounter doing this phone juggling are over 80....

RayPray writes:

in response to 26yearsonmarco:

"what is going on with the vehicular homicide case"

>>> My guess is the prosecutor is trying to figure out what to do with this excessive homocide charge by the Marko Keystone Kops who screwed up the crime investigation.

"Rumor has it...."

>>> If you got all these rumors, why not just fry Peter without even the expense of a trial?

August8 writes:

in response to RayPray:

"what is going on with the vehicular homicide case"

"Rumor has it...."

Raypray-- They should have called you in on the case,Mr. Clusso ?

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to August8:

Raypray-- They should have called you in on the case,Mr. Clusso ?

It's an automatic felony not to summit to an alcohol breath test This is the second time in his driving history he's failed to submit.

I believe the Marco police charged him (Peter) with the correct crime. Homicide in the 2nd I think the correct charge. Your Automobile is considered a weapon when your driving drunk!

RayPray writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

"I believe the Marco police charged him (Peter) with the correct crime."

>>> There was a related article in the print edition of the paper last week, that for some reason was not duplicated here, pointing out that over the past number of years in Collier County, nobody had ever before been charged with vehicular homicide for this sort of accident.

1Paradiselost writes:

In most cases what your charged with and what your convicted of (plea deals) are between the courts and the attorneys.

Don't know if they are going to throw the book at this guy for not submitting to the field sobriety test, twice?

Because this case has been kept quiet since the incident, I'm sure he will get off on a lesser charge.

It's really up to the family at this point and the DA.

RayPray writes:

Sadly Alex Joy seems to be a public menace. No DUI though. Reason she fled this accident was previous charge of speeding 50 mph OVER LIMIT just this year....

Alex should be sentenced to riding her bike!

Type
CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY PRIMARY (WARD/DECEDENT) 1994 0500136GA 08/15/2005 DISPOSED GUARDIANSHIP PLENARY/MINOR/PROPERTY
CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY DEFENDANT 10/11/1994 0900782IN 06/05/2009 DUE NON CRIMINAL INFRACTION
CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY DEFENDANT 10/11/1994 0901287IN 11/30/2009 DUE NON CRIMINAL INFRACTION

CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY DEFENDANT 10/11/1994 1203853CT 12/04/2012 DISPOSED CRIMINAL TRAFFIC

CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY DEFENDANT 10/11/1994 1202823MMA 12/04/2012 DISPOSED MISDEMEANOR
CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY DEFENDANT 1994 1244465TR 12/13/2012 DISPOSED TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS
CURCIE, ALEXANDRIA JOY DEFENDANT 1994 1308546TR 03/06/2013 DISPOSED TRAFFIC INFRACTIONS
Page of 1

Konfuzius writes:

It will be more and more popular to scan citizens and neighbors by citizens and neighbors for checking out their behavior.
The NSA, FBI, Homeland Security, TSA, Immigration,IRS and 157 other security agencies recruited half America to fight terrorism and miss behavior. Anytime I take fuel and pay with my credit card I am reported. If I have a cell phone call it will added. If I have dinner with my wife or friends our potential cell is identified. Every flight I use is in my files. Hopefully I sit never with one unknown person next on my seat. That is close to conspiracy. And I have no idea what they all investigated from my super bright and political blogs on marconews. Big brother is watching me and YOU! Americans like that. It is for national security reasons. And Marco Island is the stronghold of Americas security junkies. Pure law and order freaks in Joseph McCarthy tradition. Let us double MIPD in 2014 and an armed check point on both bridges entries. We need 3 more patrol boats. And a lie detector. Maybe a hotline for unspecific activities. No DUI records on Marco Island is extremely telltale. Their is so much to do. We need a mayor. Maybe a guy from Throckmorton Texas. Mayor Will Carroll is the best of the best.
Hallelujah.
PS I checked RayPray. Convicted as vicious/malicious tongue of serious bloggers like me. That will be in 2014
high treason.

RayPray writes:

in response to Konfuzius:

Hallelujah.
high treason.

Here's a good site to check your neighbor's political donations:

August8 writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

You are absoltrly nut's many times.

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to August8:

You are absoltrly nut's many times.

You must be a friend of his? Show us the facts where I'm wrong?

Konfuzius writes:

in response to RayPray:

Here's a good site to check your neighbor's political donations:

Quiet frankly! I give a dumm s..t about the political preferences of my neighbors so far they do not want to convince me to be a republican.
But nobody tried ever. They know that I am a supporter of the democrats. Maybe the last on Marco Island.

August8 writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

You must be a friend of his? Show us the facts where I'm wrong?

No, seen him and may have had an encounter but I don't have any looser friends,
Your legal application is incorrect, that's what I speaking of. Do some additional research if you know what I mean?

1Paradiselost writes:

in response to August8:

No, seen him and may have had an encounter but I don't have any looser friends,

Ok, Thanks for your reply.... AGAIN.. Show us the facts where I'm wrong?

Konfuzius writes:

in response to 1Paradiselost:

Ok, Thanks for your reply.... AGAIN.. Show us the facts where I'm wrong?

Bottom line: He has no facts. Just a dambschitter!