Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. MONEY STILL A KEY WORRY: Obama plans to focus on the economy and job creation in his State of the Union speech at 9 p.m.
2. NORTH KOREA CONDUCTS THIRD NUCLEAR TEST: North Korea called the detonation its "first response" to what it described as U.S. threats.
3. WHO WILL SUCCEED THE POPE?: A conservative cardinal in Milan and several contenders from Latin America and Ghana have been mentioned.
4. BENEDICT SURPRISES BY SAYING HE'S TOO OLD TO CONTINUE: The AP's Victor L. Simpson reports the 85-year-old pontiff chose to step down rather than suffer a long decline like his predecessor.
5. HAGEL FACES SENATE VOTE: Democrats are calling a committee vote for the defense secretary nominee, rejecting Republican demands for more financial information.
6. WHY SOCCER IS BECOMING THE DIRTY GAME: An AP investigation finds at least 50 nations had match-fixing probes last year.
7. REBELS CAPTURE AIR BASE IN NORTHERN SYRIA: Opposition fighters won their second strategic victory in as many days in their uprising against Assad.
8. GANG MEMBERS CHARGED WITH SHOOTING TEEN WHO SANG AT INAUGURATION: Chicago police say the two men mistook Hadiya Pendleton and her friends for members of a rival gang.
9. COMEDIAN'S SISTER DETAINED WHILE PRAYING AT ISRAEL'S WESTERN WALL: Sarah Silverman's sister Susan, a Jerusalem rabbi, was stopped because she was wearing religious clothing that Orthodox Judaism reserves for men only.
10. WESTMINSTER WON'T TOLERATE PERFORMANCE-ENHANCED DOGS: That means no cosmetic surgery and no steroids. "It goes against the spirit of showing dogs," club President Sean McCarthy says.
5 THINGS TO KNOW TODAY IN FLORIDA
1. SHARK BITES TEEN SURFER POSING FOR PICTURES IN WATERS OFF STUART: Cole Taschman says he needed 12 stitches in his right hand after being bitten Sunday by a blacktip reef shark.
2. SENTENCING SET IN FLORIDA MISSING FOSTER CHILD CASE: A South Florida woman who once cared for missing 4-year-old foster child Rilya Wilson could get a lengthy prison sentence for kidnapping and child abuse convictions. Geralyn Graham faces life in prison at her sentencing hearing Tuesday.
3. COURT HEARING FLORIDA ONLINE HOTEL TAX APPEAL: A three-judge panel in Tallahassee is set to hear arguments in an appeal by 17 Florida counties of a lower court's tax ruling that favors online travel companies.
4. PANHANDLE DEVELOPER TO ENTER PLEA IN FEDERAL COURT: A Florida Panhandle developer is scheduled to plead guilty in Pensacola federal court to charges of violating federal campaign finance laws. Authorities say Jay Odom engineered a scheme to circumvent federal election laws and funnel money to former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee during the 2008 presidential primary.
5. GIANT MILITARY CATAMARAN DOCKED IN ST. PETERSBURG: A 338-foot long catamaran is docked at the Port of St. Petersburg, and it's dwarfing all other ships in the city. The Navy ship is scheduled to leave Tuesday for operational testing in Virginia.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.