Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. FIRST MEETINGS BEFORE CHOOSING A NEW POPE: Cardinals from around the world are at the Vatican to talk about issues facing the church and set a date to choose Benedict XVI's successor.
2. WHY U.S. BUDGET CUTS MAY BE HERE TO STAY: No one has yet crafted a politically viable way to roll back the cuts.
3. EXPOSING THE FLORIDA SINKHOLE: Demolition crews are clearing more debris today and hope to get a clear view of the giant crater that swallowed a man.
4. BABY BORN WITH HIV NO LONGER INFECTED: The 2 ½-year-old Mississippi child would be the second person in the world to apparently be cured of the virus that causes AIDS.
5. LONG LINES, VIOLENCE IN KENYA ELECTIONS: At least 12 people died in multiple attacks against security forces as Kenyans waited to cast ballots.
6. U.S., SAUDI ARABIA PRESENT UNITED FRONT ON SYRIA: The countries warned Assad they will boost support to rebels fighting to oust him unless he steps down.
7. MENENDEZ PUSHED BILLS THAT WOULD BENEFIT TOP DONOR: The AP's Stephen Braun reports the senator sponsored legislation that would benefit the eye doctor whose private jet he used for two trips to the Dominican Republic.
8. HIT-AND-RUN DRIVER SOUGHT IN ACCIDENT THAT KILLED PREGNANT MOTHER, HUSBAND: The couple was killed when the BMW slammed into their livery cab taking them to the hospital. Their newborn son survived.
9. UNDERSTANDING OBAMACARE IN TAGALOG: Health officials face the additional challenge of explaining the new law to the tens of millions of Americans whose first language is not English.
10. A ROYAL STOMACH BUG: Britain's Queen Elizabeth II is hospitalized for the first time in a decade.
5 THINGS TO KNOW TODAY IN FLORIDA
1. HOME DEMOLISHED AFTER MAN SWALLOWED BY SINKHOLE: Crews razed more than half of the Tampa-area home perched over the sinkhole that swallowed Jeff Bush, managing to salvage some keepsakes for family members who lived there.
2. GREAT WHITE SHARK CAPTURED, TAGGED: Researchers say tagged and released a great white shark off the coast of Jacksonville on Sunday. The one-ton female dubbed "Lydia" will be tracked by satellite.
3. CASEY ANTHONY'S BANKRUPTCY MEETING: Anthony comes out of seclusion for the meeting with the creditors in Tampa. It would be her first public appearance since she left jail after being acquitted of murdering her daughter.
4. COAST GUARD OFFLOADS 600 POUNDS OF MARIJUANA: The U.S. Coast Guard has offloaded the drugs — worth about half a million dollars — and transferred one suspected drug smuggler to federal agents in Key West.
5. FUNERAL SCHEDULED FOR SLAIN ST. LUCIE DEPUTY: A funeral service is scheduled Monday for St. Lucie County Deputy Sheriff Sgt. Gary Morales, who was shot and killed Thursday while making a traffic stop. Flags statewide are being flown at half-staff in his honor.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.