Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. CARDINALS MEETING ON EVE OF CONCLAVE: Taking all precautions, police deploy snipers and sniffer dogs around the Vatican.
2. HOW JEB BUSH SMACKS AWAY TALK OF 2016: The ex-Florida governor tells NBC's David Gregory that reporters are "crack addicts" for focusing on the next presidential race.
3. IN OHIO, 'ALL I KNOW IS MY BABY IS GONE': One grieving father speaks after his son and five other teens are killed in the violent crash of a speeding SUV.
4. IN GANG RAPE CASE, A STARTLING TURN: The chief suspect hangs himself in his cell, using his own clothes, police in New Delhi say.
5. KOREAN TENSIONS TICK UP: South Korea and the U.S. begin their annual war games — as North Korea threatens the real thing.
6. WHY HOME IS BECOMING A DISTANT MEMORY: Two years after the Japanese tsunami, more than 300,000 people remain displaced.
7. THE HAZARDS OF REMOTE WARFARE: The military is discovering that combat stress can be felt far from the front lines — by those, for example, who watch video feeds from surveillance drones.
8. CHECKLIST FOR OBAMA'S TRIP TO ISRAEL: The AP's Steve Hurst says that one thing the president will try to do is convince Netanyahu that he's serious about stopping Iran from building a nuclear weapon.
9. WHAT A STUDY OF MUMMIES FOUND: Even 4,000 years ago — long before fast food — people suffered from clogged arteries.
10. AFTER A TUNE-UP, TIGER IS HUMMING: Woods wins at Doral by 2 strokes, readying for a run at the Masters.
5 THINGS TO KNOW TODAY IN FLORIDA
1. MIAMI SEA RISE: Three major sewage plants in South Florida could be reduced to shrinking islands in less than 50 years due to climate change, according to a group of climate scientists.
2. HUSBAND RUNS OVER WIFE: A Florida woman is dead after being run over by her husband in the driveway of their home Saturday night after an argument.
3. ST. PETE POLICE FATALLY SHOOT SUICIDAL MAN: A man who had doused himself with gasoline was fatally shot by St. Petersburg police after they say he confronted them with a pair of scissors.
4. CRUISE INDUSTRY LEADERS COME TO MIAMI: Cruise leaders and experts are in Miami Beach this week to discuss trends and the future direction of the industry this week.
5. HEAT WIN 18th STRAIGHT GAME: The streaking Miami Heat beat the Indiana Pacers 105-91 in Miami on Sunday, extending a winning streak to 18 games.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.