NEWARK, N.J. — A New Jersey-based pharmacy says it's voluntarily recalling some intravenous products nationwide because they may be contaminated with mold.
Med Prep Consulting Inc. of Tinton Falls said Saturday that mold was found in five bags of magnesium sulfate products dispensed to a Connecticut hospital, which the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy identified as Yale-New Haven Hospital.
The pharmacy says there's no indication that products dispensed to 12 other facilities were contaminated, but all magnesium sulfate products are included in the recall.
Med Prep says no injuries or illnesses have been reported.
The recalled product was distributed to hospital pharmacies in Connecticut and New Jersey from Feb. 18 to March 13.
The Board of Pharmacy, state Health Department and U.S. Food and Drug Administration are investigating.