Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHY THE OHIO RAPE CASE ISN'T OVER: Authorities are investigating whether coaches, parents and other students broke the law by failing to report the crime.
2. A HOLLYWOOD-WORTHY ESCAPE IN CANADA: Two inmates climbed a rope into a hovering helicopter to flee a Quebec jail.
3. OBAMA LOOKS TO JUSTICE OFFICIAL FOR LABOR SECRETARY: The president was to nominate assistant attorney general Thomas Perez to replace Hilda Solis.
4. BAILOUT PLAN SPARKS A BANK RUN: Cyprus' residents rushed to withdraw cash ahead of a vote today on a plan that would tax deposits in the country's banks to save it from bankruptcy.
5. SYRIA OPPOSITION MEETS TO FORM RIVAL GOVERNMENT: Twelve candidates are running for the job of interim prime minister for areas the rebels control. SYRIA
6. AFGHAN OPPOSITION OPENS TALKS WITH TALIBAN: The AP's Kathy Gannon reports opponents of Karzai hope to broker an end to the 12-year war ahead of the exit of international combat troops and a presidential race.
7. A TEST FOR CONTROVERSIAL VOTER REGISTRATION LAW: Arizona's law requiring proof of citizenship to register goes before the Supreme Court today.
8. HOW LOST PHOTOS CAN TRACE A TORNADO'S PATH: Photos and mementoes that were blown hundreds of miles by tornadoes give researchers clues into how far storm debris travels.
9. WHY CELEBS AGAINST FRACKING MAY BE BREAKING LAW: The group campaigning against a natural gas drilling method in New York, boasting stars like Susan Sarandon, isn't a registered lobbyist.
10. LOUISVILLE LEADS NCAA'S DANCE CARD: Kansas, Indiana and Gonzaga also receive No. 1 seeds after a topsy-turvy season and another weekend of upsets.
5 THINGS TO KNOW TODAY IN FLORIDA
1. UCF CANCELS CLASSES AFTER DEATH, EXPLOSIVES FOUND: Hundreds of students were evacuated early Monday from a dorm on the University of Central Florida campus in Orlando after explosive devices were found.
2. 2 FLORIDA SOLDIERS AMONG CREW KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN HELICOPTER CRASH: Staff Sgt. Marc A. Scialdo of Naples and Spc. Zachary L. Shannon of Dunedin were flying in a Black Hawk on a training mission March 11 in Kandahar using night-vision goggles.
3. 7TH FLORIDA PANTHER DEATH REPORTED: Wildlife officials say the male panther found dead in Hendry County was the fifth panther to be killed by a vehicle strike this year.
4. 2 OHIO WOMEN DRIVING HOME FROM SPRING BREAK KILLED IN PANHANDLE CRASH: The traffic crash in Walton County also sent seven other people to the hospital.
5. PILOT'S WIDOW SPEAKS OUT AFTER SMALL PLANE CRASHES INTO PARKING LOT NEAR FORT LAUDERDALE EXECUTIVE AIRPORT: Kim Waller says her husband was an experienced pilot who shouldn't be blamed for the fiery crash that also killed two passengers.
■ TODAY AND EVERY DAY: Click here for links to recent arrest reports and mug shots in Collier and Lee counties.