MARCO ISLAND —
MLS statistics, released by the Marco Island Area Association of Realtors for Marco Island only properties compares April 2013 with April 2012 activity. Here is a recap of what happened in the Marco Island Real Estate market.
- Sold single family home sales down 2 percent (49 vs. 50).
- Sold condominium sales up 42 percent (85 vs. 60).
- Sold single family vacant lots up 28 percent (23 vs. 18).
- Pending single family home sales up 35 percent (73 vs. 54).
- Pending condominium sales up 35 percent (100 vs. 74).
- Pending single family vacant lot sales up 133 percent (42 vs. 18).
- 347 Single family homes (down 6.5 percent from 2012).
- 491 Condominiums (down 19 percent from 2012).
- 256 Single family lots (down 17 percent form 2012).
A staggering $101 Million dollars worth of real estate closed on Marco Island in the month of April alone.
The high-end market is particularly strong with multiple sales occurring in excess of $2 million dollars for both homes and condos. This high-end momentum continues to push average prices upward, but we are seeing slight increases in average sales price and median sales price in the broader market as a whole.
The pending sales continue to climb, and strong sales have continued through May. The inventory continues to shrink but should stabilize somewhat as we enter summer and sales ease a bit. With summer approaching, now may be one of the best times ever for you to search out your piece of Paradise.
As always, please contact a local Realtor professional if you have any questions.