Avow Hospice Regatta Shore Party
Published 11/21/2013 at 4:05 p.m. 0 comments
Get social at the Shore Party.
Chamber meets at Arturo's for After Five, tree-lighting
Published 11/21/2013 at 3:55 p.m. 0 comments
Islanders turn out for annual Arturo's treelighting at After Five.
3 To Know: holiday bazaar, no nets and RE/MAX opens
Published 11/11/2013 at 12:45 p.m. 0 comments
Stay up-to-date with happenings on Marco Island. Read 3 To do.
Review: Performances highlight Marco Players "Absalom"
Published 11/7/2013 at 10:59 a.m. 0 comments
An apple tree blooms in Marco. The Marco Players opened their season with touching, twisty Zoe Kazan drama "Absalom" Wednesday. The biblical Gordian knot of a play unwinds on stage in touching fashion until the pressure-cooker of family drama explodes.
Review: Island Theater Company blames great big laughs on comedy “Beckett"
Published 11/6/2013 at 10:02 a.m. 0 comments
Make haste, all ye actors, writers, theater types and lovers of laughs. The season's second great comedy has been born down on Marco Island. Pat Berry and her cast of clever thespians at the Island Theater Company can "Blame it ...
Preview: Marco Players explore familial drama in "Absalom"
Published 11/6/2013 at 9:29 a.m. 0 comments
Beverly Dahlstrom found Zoe Kazan entirely by accident. Marco Island audiences will too. Kazan's sharp play "Absalom," about an angry father and the knotty relationship with his adult children, opens the Marco Players season this week.
Too cute to be scary: Kids try out costumes at Mackle Park Halloween Spooktacular
Published 10/28/2013 at 11:31 a.m. 0 comments
Hundreds thronged Mackle Park Saturday afternoon for the annual Halloween Spooktacular. A quick look around showed the sort of sights and creatures you can't usually see unless you first slug down a pint of Old Overcoat.Zombies, mutants, pirates, Death h
The Bookworm: Challenge your perceptions; the will of man
Published 10/24/2013 at 1:35 p.m. 0 comments
So whaddaya know? Probably quite a bit, when it comes right down to it. You know where you are, what's in front of you, and how to read these words, for starters. You know what it's like outside, what you ...
The Bookworm: A new 'leash' on life and some medical drama
Published 10/17/2013 at 12:44 p.m. 0 comments
These days, your arms feel awfully empty. The house is too quiet and tidy. There's no click-click-click of toenails on the floor, no slobbered water, no toys strewn about, no kibble to clean up. You even miss those shedded little ...
Chili is hot at the Esplanade – Hundreds turn out for Fire-Rescue Foundation chili cook-off
Published 10/14/2013 at 11:03 a.m. 1 comment
They came, they tasted, they voted. Over 300 paying customers, either chili lovers, fire department supporters, or both, showed up Saturday afternoon at the Esplanade for the "First Annual Jerry Adams Chili Cook-Off," to benefit the Marco Island Fire-Resc
The untold story: $30,000 went missing amid rescue of Capt. Phillips
Published 10/13/2013 at 10:00 a.m. 0 comments
Dramatic accounts of the Navy SEALs rescuing the captain of an American cargo ship made headlines around the world in 2009. It was an unbelievable story, with a new retelling that hits the big screen Friday with Tom Hanks playing ...
Make plans today for Marco Island's 2014 Imagination Ball
Published 10/11/2013 at 2:18 p.m. 0 comments
BMO Harris Bank is the presenting sponsor for the 2014 Imagination Ball to be held Saturday, Feb. 15, at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort and Spa. The event benefits the Marco Island Chapter of the American Cancer Society. In ...
Sale e Pepe earns prestigious award
Published 10/11/2013 at 2:17 p.m. 0 comments
Sale e Pepe, a restaurant at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, has received the prestigious "Ospitalita Italiana Ristoranti Italiana nel mondo" Seal of Quality Award from the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce. The award recogniz
'Sunrise, Sunset': Marco Island Center for the Arts heads into season with new exhibits
Published 10/10/2013 at 9:22 a.m. 0 comments
Or maybe it was "Sunset, Sunrise." Tuesday evening, The Marco Island Center for the Arts bade farewell – again – to former executive director Lynn Holley, who returned from California just for the event, and rhapsodized on the delights of ...
In the 239: Family Fun this week with Leigh Tahirovic
Published 10/8/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
Get into the Halloween spirit with fun activities for kids all week.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Dec 2nd 2013 Marco Island tree lighting, 2013
- Nov 22nd 2013 Arturo's After Five
- Nov 4th 2013 Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
- Oct 28th 2013 Spooktacular, Mackle Park, 2013
- Oct 11th 2013 Sunrise/Sunset at Art Center, Marco…
- Sep 26th 2013 ERICH KUNZEL SERIES STARS
- Sep 24th 2013 CJ's B'Day
- Sep 24th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 20th 2013 GoShots: Wine, food pairings event at…
- Sep 13th 2013 GoShots: Salon de Garage
- Sep 13th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 6th 2013 4 Family Fun activities: Sept. 6 to 12
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- Burroughs Home Tours The Burroughs Home & Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- Comedian Mike Young Off The Hook Comedy Club -- 8 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Marco Players present The Fox on the Fairway Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Marco Players present Apartment 3A Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.