The Bookworm: Challenge your perceptions; the will of man
Published 10/24/2013 at 1:35 p.m. 0 comments
So whaddaya know? Probably quite a bit, when it comes right down to it. You know where you are, what's in front of you, and how to read these words, for starters. You know what it's like outside, what you ...
The Bookworm: A new 'leash' on life and some medical drama
Published 10/17/2013 at 12:44 p.m. 0 comments
These days, your arms feel awfully empty. The house is too quiet and tidy. There's no click-click-click of toenails on the floor, no slobbered water, no toys strewn about, no kibble to clean up. You even miss those shedded little ...
Chili is hot at the Esplanade – Hundreds turn out for Fire-Rescue Foundation chili cook-off
Published 10/14/2013 at 11:03 a.m. 1 comment
They came, they tasted, they voted. Over 300 paying customers, either chili lovers, fire department supporters, or both, showed up Saturday afternoon at the Esplanade for the "First Annual Jerry Adams Chili Cook-Off," to benefit the Marco Island Fire-Resc
The untold story: $30,000 went missing amid rescue of Capt. Phillips
Published 10/13/2013 at 10:00 a.m. 0 comments
Dramatic accounts of the Navy SEALs rescuing the captain of an American cargo ship made headlines around the world in 2009. It was an unbelievable story, with a new retelling that hits the big screen Friday with Tom Hanks playing ...
Make plans today for Marco Island's 2014 Imagination Ball
Published 10/11/2013 at 2:18 p.m. 0 comments
BMO Harris Bank is the presenting sponsor for the 2014 Imagination Ball to be held Saturday, Feb. 15, at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort and Spa. The event benefits the Marco Island Chapter of the American Cancer Society. In ...
Sale e Pepe earns prestigious award
Published 10/11/2013 at 2:17 p.m. 0 comments
Sale e Pepe, a restaurant at the Marco Beach Ocean Resort overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, has received the prestigious "Ospitalita Italiana Ristoranti Italiana nel mondo" Seal of Quality Award from the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce. The award recogniz
'Sunrise, Sunset': Marco Island Center for the Arts heads into season with new exhibits
Published 10/10/2013 at 9:22 a.m. 0 comments
Or maybe it was "Sunset, Sunrise." Tuesday evening, The Marco Island Center for the Arts bade farewell – again – to former executive director Lynn Holley, who returned from California just for the event, and rhapsodized on the delights of ...
In the 239: Family Fun this week with Leigh Tahirovic
Published 10/8/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
Get into the Halloween spirit with fun activities for kids all week.
Island Theater Company presents 'Blame It On Beckett'
Published 10/2/2013 at 12:02 p.m. 0 comments
The Island Theater Company announces the cast of "Blame It On Beckett," which includes John Moulton as dramaturg, Jim Foley; Mai Puccio as famous playwright, Tina Fike; Jared Wagner as theater general manager, Mike Braschi; and Abby Yetter as literary ...
The Bookworm: Drama – Real-life and stage
Published 10/1/2013 at 2:53 p.m. 0 comments
All day long, while you're at school, you really miss your parents. But that's okay. You know you'll see them in a few hours or a few days and it'll be fun. You'll get hugs and give kisses, make dinner ...
Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
Published 10/1/2013 at 10:22 a.m. 0 comments
Entertain your children with a list of Family Fun this week. Leigh Tahirovic shares her top selections.
The Bookworm: Do you dare? And the not-so-happily ever after
Published 9/24/2013 at 1:06 p.m. 0 comments
You've always loved dogs. You love playing with them, throwing sticks for them to retrieve, wrestling with them on the floor. You love their soft fur and their goofy grins and there's nothing better than snuggling with a dog on ...
Bryan Cranston, Cher offer custom phone recordings
Published 9/24/2013 at 10:00 a.m. 0 comments
It may be one of the most boring lines ever — "Leave a message after the beep." But what if you managed to jazz up your phone's outgoing message with a celebrity?
Family Fun this week with Leigh Tahirovic
Published 9/24/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
Here's a weekly list of activities to help parents and grandparents entertain ages from tots to teen.
Burger King launching lower-calorie french fry
Updated 9/24/2013 at 10:15 a.m. 0 comments
Burger King wants people to feel less guilty about gobbling up its french fries. The world's No. 2 hamburger chain is launching a new crinkle-cut french fry on Tuesday that it says has 20 percent fewer calories than its regular ...
- Mar 3rd 2014 Frankenstein at Marco Lutheran
- Feb 13th 2014 Wet Paint Live, 2014
- Dec 2nd 2013 Marco Island tree lighting, 2013
- Nov 22nd 2013 Arturo's After Five
- Nov 4th 2013 Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
- Oct 28th 2013 Spooktacular, Mackle Park, 2013
- Oct 11th 2013 Sunrise/Sunset at Art Center, Marco…
- Sep 26th 2013 ERICH KUNZEL SERIES STARS
- Sep 24th 2013 CJ's B'Day
- Sep 24th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 20th 2013 GoShots: Wine, food pairings event at…
- Sep 13th 2013 GoShots: Salon de Garage
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- "Lady with all the Answers" - An evening with Ann Landers Golden Gate Community Center -- 8 P.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.