'Vanya and Sonia,' 'Lucky Guy' lead Tony Awards nominees
Published 4/30/2013 at 11:12 a.m. 0 comments
NEW YORK — The Tony nominations announcement Tuesday morning brought good news to Christopher Durang’s dysfunctional-family tale “Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike” and the late Nora Ephron’s period journalism weepie “Lucky Guy” with the two productions nabbing six ...
Prom spending is on the rise again
Published 4/29/2013 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
The prom is making a big comeback.
Anything goes in flowers for today's prom
Published 4/29/2013 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
NEW YORK — The elaborate invitation has been proffered and accepted, the limo rented and the outfits coordinated, so what’s next when planning for prom?
STAY TUNED: WINK and NBC-2 tweak news sets
Published 4/29/2013 at 5:35 a.m. 0 comments
Casual viewers of NBC-2 might not have noticed much of a difference this week; a little less clutter on the set; a little brighter, more cheerful.
Preview: "50 Shades" parody is "a little sexy, a little raunchy"
Published 4/29/2013 at 12:20 a.m. 0 comments
Spencer Rose promises one thing to audiences flocking to see "50 Shades! The Musical" on tour through the United States. "You're going to laugh your face off," the actress crowed from a hotel room in Atlanta late on a Friday ...
Redford makes welcome return in 'Company'
Published 4/26/2013 at 11:00 a.m. 0 comments
Robert Redford does his most compelling work in some time as both actor and director in “The Company You Keep,” a tense yet admirably restrained thriller about a fugitive forced out of hiding after 30 years to prove his innocence.
Review: 'Mud' oozes traditional qualities
Published 4/26/2013 at 10:30 a.m. 0 comments
The story of a sympathetic fugitive who forges a bond with two teenage boys near a mighty river down South, "Mud" is shot through with traditional qualities of American literature and drama.
Review: Ghostbird, Brady push boundaries with Beckett masterpiece "Endgame"
Published 4/25/2013 at 6:05 p.m. 0 comments
Here, at the end of all things, in a desolate wasteland where mankind does little but sit and wait to die, we watch Samuel Beckett. This is "Endgame," the writer's meditative theater of the absurd about religion, death, family, loyalty, ...
The Bookworm: Dealing with a parent's cancer; life on the wild side
Published 4/25/2013 at 3:52 p.m. 0 comments
Truthfully, the bad news came as no surprise. Your Mom hadn't been feeling well lately and for weeks, you'd heard your parents whispering. You knew she was having some tests done; still, when they finally told you she had cancer, ...
For the love of books: Volunteers aid in success of Marco Library
Published 4/25/2013 at 11:20 a.m. 0 comments
This year the Friends of the Library of Collier County (FLCC) is celebrating its 55th birthday, tracing roots back to 1932 when the Naples Women's Club established a small reading room in its clubhouse. Popularity grew through the years, so ...
'Best deal in town' – Hundreds turn out for Marco Island Fire-Rescue Foundation pancake breakfast
Published 4/22/2013 at 11:40 a.m. 0 comments
They get such a turnout, said Dianna Dohm, they can't put on the event at the height of the season. The Marco Island Fire-Rescue Foundation held their pancake breakfast on Sunday, inside the fire station on San Marco Road, and ...
Witherspoon 'deeply embarrassed' after arrest
Published 4/22/2013 at 11:28 a.m. 0 comments
The Oscar-winning actress released a statement late Sunday apologizing for her behavior to police that began when her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was arrested early Friday for driving under the influence of alcohol.
Review: Florida Rep goes back to school with "Educating Rita"
Published 4/22/2013 at 12:31 a.m. 0 comments
Florida Repertory Theatre closed their 2012-13 season Friday with a respectable, if unremarkable, production of "Educating Rita." Willy Russell's two-hander imagines a British college professor tutoring a lower-class student because she wants to know "everything." Both learn a lot!
Chris Silk: Three reasons Kathleen van Bergen is right about Artis-Naples
Published 4/22/2013 at 12:01 a.m. 0 comments
Like the rest of the known universe, I was shocked when I found out that the Naples Philharmonic Center for the Arts was renaming itself as Artis-Naples. What. The. Expletive. Admit it. Some variation of that was on everyone's lips. ...
Review: Island Theater Company finds out just why "Mama Won't Fly"
Published 4/19/2013 at 3:44 p.m. 0 comments
Savannah Honeycutt, Norleen Sprunt and Hayley Quinn (it's the South) are in Birmingham, Ala. Hayley's gettin' hitched in California. There's just one eensy, weeny, teeny, tiny 'lil 'ol problem. Mama won't fly. So, let's drive to the West Coast! In ...
- May 20th 2013 Marco Art Center gets a facelift
- May 13th 2013 Mad Hatter Mother/Daughter Tea Party
- May 9th 2013 MIA does Shakespeare
- May 6th 2013 GoShots: Talk Derby To Me
- May 3rd 2013 MIAAOR After 5
- Apr 22nd 2013 Marco Island Fire/Rescue Pancake…
- Apr 8th 2013 Taste of Marco at the Esplanade, 2013
- Apr 7th 2013 Taste of Marco 2013
- Apr 3rd 2013 My very best: Sue Martin shares her…
- Apr 1st 2013 Spring Jubilee, 2013
- Mar 25th 2013 Marco Island Seafood Festival, 2013
- Mar 21st 2013 Fakahatchee Cruise, 2013
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- Burroughs Home Tours The Burroughs Home & Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Films for Film Lovers “The Other Side of the Street” Center for the Arts at the Promenade, Bonita Bay -- 7 P.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Films for Film Lovers “Four Days in September” Center for the Arts of Bonita Springs -- 7 P.M.
- Films for Film Lovers “The Wave” Center for the Arts at the Promenade, Bonita Bay -- 7 P.M.
- Thomas A. Edison Black Maria Film Festival Edison and Ford Winter Estates -- 7:30 P.M.