The Book Worm: Real-life mysteries and eye openers
Published 9/3/2013 at 9:47 a.m. 0 comments
Everything you believe is wrong. There are, for instance, no alligators living in the sewers of New York. Elvis is not alive and living near a burger joint in Michigan. Head colds are not caused by walking in the snow, ...
Playin' it 'to the Hilt': Musician Jeff Hilt gives Marco some island music
Published 9/2/2013 at 10:13 a.m. 1 comment
It could have been a slow night at the Old Marco Pub & Restaurant, before the 22 ladies in the bachelorette party showed up. It was August on Marco Island, and the rain was coming down, sometimes in a drizzle ...
Book Review: 'Deceived' – Randy Wayne White returns to Marco Island for signing
Published 8/28/2013 at 10:34 a.m. 0 comments
Nearly 26 years ago, New York Times bestselling author Randy Wayne White kicked off his Doc Ford series with the publication of Sanibel Flats, which was chosen by the American Independent Mystery Booksellers Association as one of the Hundred Favorite ...
The Book Worm: Bait and switch – The hunters and the hunted
Published 8/27/2013 at 3:02 p.m. 0 comments
You always expect the best care. When you need service, you want a top-notch mechanic, banker, jeweler, or cashier. You patronize knowledgeable people that put the customer (you!) first. And that goes doubly for your health-care provider. When you're sick
Seminole Museum field trip: Sign up by Sept. 1
Published 8/26/2013 at 3:25 p.m. 0 comments
Join the Marco Island Historical Society on a field trip to the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum on the Big Cypress Indian Reservation of the Seminole Tribe of Florida on Sept. 7.
Bookworm: Country gardening and man's best friend
Published 8/20/2013 at 3:43 p.m. 0 comments
“To Eat: A Country Life” by Joe Eck and Wayne Winterrowd c.2013, Farrar, Straus and Giroux $25.00/$29.00 Canada 194 pages
Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
Published 8/20/2013 at 10:12 a.m. 0 comments
Elmore Leonard often wrote about Detroit, where he lived for most of his life.
The Bookworm: Gain wisdom from these true-life experiences
Published 8/15/2013 at 2:32 p.m. 0 comments
Read the latest books by authors Andrea Kay and Tom Kizzia.
The Bookworm: Back to school – Required reading for students, teachers
Published 8/6/2013 at 9:25 a.m. 0 comments
Your grades were an embarrassment last year. Sometime over this summer, though, you realized something that everybody had been saying for eons: You can do better. You have potential, so you've decided that you're going to study harder, work smarter, ...
Pay attention when playing peek-a-boo with sheers
Published 8/5/2013 at 8:00 a.m. 0 comments
NEW YORK — An unexpected flash of skin under a sheer fabric can be sexy and sophisticated on a date, at a party, even in the office.
The Bookworm: Human oddities, odds and ends
Published 7/30/2013 at 2:03 p.m. 0 comments
Three heads and five arms. Everybody's looking at you like that's what you've got, even though you've tried to fit in. You've done your best to speak their language, sample the local cuisine, wear clothes that don't scream "tourist!" … ...
New hands at the helm: Capt. Brien's new owners steer their own course
Published 7/29/2013 at 4:20 p.m. 7 comments
For JJ and Stacey Mrozinski, running a restaurant is a family affair. As the new owners of Capt. Brien's Seafood & Raw Bar, the couple comes from a background of family restaurant ownership, and have their own kids helping out ...
The Bookworm: The power of faith and positive thinking
Published 7/23/2013 at 9:32 a.m. 0 comments
For most of your life, you've had a good relationship with God. He's a close personal friend, in fact, and you talk to Him often. He even lives nearby; so close, that you visit Him often. He's a good listener, ...
The Bookworm: Miracle in the ice; four-legged miracles
Published 7/16/2013 at 5:24 p.m. 0 comments
When you look back on your life, you notice that much has changed. Personally, you've grown, matured in mind and body, formed opinions, taken knocks, bounced back, and endured. From outside, you've seen the advent of Internet, cell phone, social ...
Free family-friendly movies at the Marco Island Historical Museum
Published 7/11/2013 at 11:13 a.m. 0 comments
Free family-friendly movies! Free candy! Air-conditioning! You can find them all this summer in the Rose History Auditorium at the Marco Island Historical Museum complex, 180 S. Heathwood Drive, Marco Island. Showtimes for the entire series will be 1 p.m.
- Dec 2nd 2013 Marco Island tree lighting, 2013
- Nov 22nd 2013 Arturo's After Five
- Nov 4th 2013 Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
- Oct 28th 2013 Spooktacular, Mackle Park, 2013
- Oct 11th 2013 Sunrise/Sunset at Art Center, Marco…
- Sep 26th 2013 ERICH KUNZEL SERIES STARS
- Sep 24th 2013 CJ's B'Day
- Sep 24th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 20th 2013 GoShots: Wine, food pairings event at…
- Sep 13th 2013 GoShots: Salon de Garage
- Sep 13th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 6th 2013 4 Family Fun activities: Sept. 6 to 12
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- Comedian Mike Young Off The Hook Comedy Club -- 8 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Burroughs Home Tours The Burroughs Home & Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- Marco Players present The Fox on the Fairway Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Marco Players present Apartment 3A Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.