The Bookworm: Gain wisdom from these true-life experiences
Published 8/15/2013 at 2:32 p.m. 0 comments
Read the latest books by authors Andrea Kay and Tom Kizzia.
The Bookworm: Back to school – Required reading for students, teachers
Published 8/6/2013 at 9:25 a.m. 0 comments
Your grades were an embarrassment last year. Sometime over this summer, though, you realized something that everybody had been saying for eons: You can do better. You have potential, so you've decided that you're going to study harder, work smarter, ...
Pay attention when playing peek-a-boo with sheers
Published 8/5/2013 at 8:00 a.m. 0 comments
NEW YORK — An unexpected flash of skin under a sheer fabric can be sexy and sophisticated on a date, at a party, even in the office.
The Bookworm: Human oddities, odds and ends
Published 7/30/2013 at 2:03 p.m. 0 comments
Three heads and five arms. Everybody's looking at you like that's what you've got, even though you've tried to fit in. You've done your best to speak their language, sample the local cuisine, wear clothes that don't scream "tourist!" … ...
New hands at the helm: Capt. Brien's new owners steer their own course
Published 7/29/2013 at 4:20 p.m. 6 comments
For JJ and Stacey Mrozinski, running a restaurant is a family affair. As the new owners of Capt. Brien's Seafood & Raw Bar, the couple comes from a background of family restaurant ownership, and have their own kids helping out ...
The Bookworm: The power of faith and positive thinking
Published 7/23/2013 at 9:32 a.m. 0 comments
For most of your life, you've had a good relationship with God. He's a close personal friend, in fact, and you talk to Him often. He even lives nearby; so close, that you visit Him often. He's a good listener, ...
The Bookworm: Miracle in the ice; four-legged miracles
Published 7/16/2013 at 5:24 p.m. 0 comments
When you look back on your life, you notice that much has changed. Personally, you've grown, matured in mind and body, formed opinions, taken knocks, bounced back, and endured. From outside, you've seen the advent of Internet, cell phone, social ...
Free family-friendly movies at the Marco Island Historical Museum
Published 7/11/2013 at 11:13 a.m. 0 comments
Free family-friendly movies! Free candy! Air-conditioning! You can find them all this summer in the Rose History Auditorium at the Marco Island Historical Museum complex, 180 S. Heathwood Drive, Marco Island. Showtimes for the entire series will be 1 p.m.
Add some sizzle to your summer reading
Published 7/11/2013 at 9:37 a.m. 0 comments
You've got your summer all planned out. Weekends with family are starting to fill in between trips and festivals. You've got a few household chores planned, some exploring around town, a bit of a roadtrip, and plenty of dates with ...
A big role for a little lady: 8-year-old 'Les Miz' actress has proud grandparents on Marco Island
Updated 7/11/2013 at 11:37 p.m. 0 comments
From the barricades of 19th century Paris to the quiet streets of Marco, Les Miserables has a local connection. Like revolutionaries assailing the barricades, the story of love and obsession set in a bygone era of France has taken the ...
The Bookworm: Doctor's feelings; a litte nastiness goes a long way
Published 7/9/2013 at 10:38 a.m. 0 comments
He wasn't the doctor you normally see. It really didn't matter, though. Choice of physician wasn't an issue in the ER, but pain and fear definitely were. You didn't care who you saw right then. You just wanted it over ...
The Bookworm: A leader like no other; a romance that withstands time
Published 7/1/2013 at 2:43 p.m. 0 comments
Your mother sent you to your room the other day. You hate that. You didn't think you were being naughty but Mama did, and she punished you. You had to sit in your room alone for awhile and you cried, ...
First to the Fourth: Everglades City holds Independence Day festivities early
Published 7/1/2013 at 12:25 p.m. 0 comments
Everglades City can be a little sleepy in the summertime. The one-time county seat, now relegated to a tiny fishing village surrounded by the Everglades National Park, woke from its slumbers and got a jump on the rest of the ...
Spammy Jammy: Sacrificing cheap meat to appease the Hurricane Gods
Published 7/1/2013 at 11:31 a.m. 0 comments
It really is a little bar. Although the public areas of the Little Bar in Goodland stretch through several dining areas and out to the patio, the barroom itself is tiny, and that's where the action is when the band ...
Spammy Jammy: Trying to ward off hurricanes — with Spam
Published 6/28/2013 at 3:09 p.m. 0 comments
The dress code is pajamas. The main course is Spam. And it’s all to protect Southwest Florida from hurricane damage.
- Mar 3rd 2014 Frankenstein at Marco Lutheran
- Feb 13th 2014 Wet Paint Live, 2014
- Dec 2nd 2013 Marco Island tree lighting, 2013
- Nov 22nd 2013 Arturo's After Five
- Nov 4th 2013 Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
- Oct 28th 2013 Spooktacular, Mackle Park, 2013
- Oct 11th 2013 Sunrise/Sunset at Art Center, Marco…
- Sep 26th 2013 ERICH KUNZEL SERIES STARS
- Sep 24th 2013 CJ's B'Day
- Sep 24th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 20th 2013 GoShots: Wine, food pairings event at…
- Sep 13th 2013 GoShots: Salon de Garage
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- "Lady with all the Answers" - An evening with Ann Landers Golden Gate Community Center -- 8 P.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.