Add some sizzle to your summer reading
Published 7/11/2013 at 9:37 a.m. 0 comments
You've got your summer all planned out. Weekends with family are starting to fill in between trips and festivals. You've got a few household chores planned, some exploring around town, a bit of a roadtrip, and plenty of dates with ...
A big role for a little lady: 8-year-old 'Les Miz' actress has proud grandparents on Marco Island
Updated 7/11/2013 at 11:37 p.m. 0 comments
From the barricades of 19th century Paris to the quiet streets of Marco, Les Miserables has a local connection. Like revolutionaries assailing the barricades, the story of love and obsession set in a bygone era of France has taken the ...
The Bookworm: Doctor's feelings; a litte nastiness goes a long way
Published 7/9/2013 at 10:38 a.m. 0 comments
He wasn't the doctor you normally see. It really didn't matter, though. Choice of physician wasn't an issue in the ER, but pain and fear definitely were. You didn't care who you saw right then. You just wanted it over ...
The Bookworm: A leader like no other; a romance that withstands time
Published 7/1/2013 at 2:43 p.m. 0 comments
Your mother sent you to your room the other day. You hate that. You didn't think you were being naughty but Mama did, and she punished you. You had to sit in your room alone for awhile and you cried, ...
First to the Fourth: Everglades City holds Independence Day festivities early
Published 7/1/2013 at 12:25 p.m. 0 comments
Everglades City can be a little sleepy in the summertime. The one-time county seat, now relegated to a tiny fishing village surrounded by the Everglades National Park, woke from its slumbers and got a jump on the rest of the ...
Spammy Jammy: Sacrificing cheap meat to appease the Hurricane Gods
Published 7/1/2013 at 11:31 a.m. 0 comments
It really is a little bar. Although the public areas of the Little Bar in Goodland stretch through several dining areas and out to the patio, the barroom itself is tiny, and that's where the action is when the band ...
Spammy Jammy: Trying to ward off hurricanes — with Spam
Published 6/28/2013 at 3:09 p.m. 0 comments
The dress code is pajamas. The main course is Spam. And it’s all to protect Southwest Florida from hurricane damage.
Tara talks: Goodland artist explains herself to gathering at Marco Island Historical Museum
Published 6/24/2013 at 8:32 a.m. 0 comments
When she first saw Goodland as a teenager, Tara O'Neill said she thought it was "the most exotic, tropic, Swiss Family Robinson place I'd ever seen." Despite being forbidden to go there by her mother, she went, and her love ...
Cafe de Marco hosts dinner to benefit Hurricane Sandy victims
Published 6/20/2013 at 10:32 a.m. 0 comments
Hurricane Sandy? Fuhgeddaboutit. Marco has its own Hurricane Sandy. The powerful "Superstorm" last October skirted the area, but unleashed its full fury on the Northeast including, notably, the Jersey shore. Sandy was the second costliest hurricane ever i
Entertainment friends to pay tribute to Bobby Gideons
Published 6/17/2013 at 11:49 a.m. 0 comments
They'll be jamming at Erin's Isle Irish Pub, with a host of entertainerss remembering the late Bobby Gideons on Sunday.
Review: Hawke, Delpy pitch-perfect in 'Midnight'
Published 6/14/2013 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
“Before Midnight,” the third movie in the Richard Linklater series that began with the 1995 “Before Sunrise,” is not only as good as the first two, it’s arguably better
Feel-good 'Kinky Boots' wins at feel-good Tonys
Published 6/10/2013 at 10:14 a.m. 0 comments
On a feel-good night for Broadway, it was only natural that the Tony Award go to its most feel-good musical, the joyous "Kinky Boots." But most everything about Sunday's Tony telecast was warmhearted, from inspiring speeches about the theatrical community ...
Swimming champion, movie star Esther Williams dies
Published 6/6/2013 at 1:04 p.m. 0 comments
Esther Williams, the swimming champion turned actress who starred in glittering and aquatic Technicolor musicals of the 1940s and 1950s, has died. She was 91.
Jon Stewart to take 'Daily Show' break to make film
Published 6/5/2013 at 11:58 a.m. 0 comments
Jon Stewart is starting a summer-long break from anchoring "The Daily Show," but it will be no holiday. He'll be in the Middle East making his first movie.
The Bookworm: Here's to your health – Good drinks, friends and conversation
Published 5/21/2013 at 6:04 p.m. 0 comments
Your doctor tells you that you need more vegetables in your diet. Pay attention to the food groups, she said, and she gave you a chart. Four servings of this, two servings of that, green things and yellow things all ...
- Dec 2nd 2013 Marco Island tree lighting, 2013
- Nov 22nd 2013 Arturo's After Five
- Nov 4th 2013 Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
- Oct 28th 2013 Spooktacular, Mackle Park, 2013
- Oct 11th 2013 Sunrise/Sunset at Art Center, Marco…
- Sep 26th 2013 ERICH KUNZEL SERIES STARS
- Sep 24th 2013 CJ's B'Day
- Sep 24th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 20th 2013 GoShots: Wine, food pairings event at…
- Sep 13th 2013 GoShots: Salon de Garage
- Sep 13th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 6th 2013 4 Family Fun activities: Sept. 6 to 12
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- Burroughs Home Tours The Burroughs Home & Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- Comedian Mike Young Off The Hook Comedy Club -- 8 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Marco Players present The Fox on the Fairway Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Marco Players present Apartment 3A Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.