Tara talks: Goodland artist explains herself to gathering at Marco Island Historical Museum
Published 6/24/2013 at 8:32 a.m. 0 comments
When she first saw Goodland as a teenager, Tara O'Neill said she thought it was "the most exotic, tropic, Swiss Family Robinson place I'd ever seen." Despite being forbidden to go there by her mother, she went, and her love ...
Cafe de Marco hosts dinner to benefit Hurricane Sandy victims
Published 6/20/2013 at 10:32 a.m. 0 comments
Hurricane Sandy? Fuhgeddaboutit. Marco has its own Hurricane Sandy. The powerful "Superstorm" last October skirted the area, but unleashed its full fury on the Northeast including, notably, the Jersey shore. Sandy was the second costliest hurricane ever i
Entertainment friends to pay tribute to Bobby Gideons
Published 6/17/2013 at 11:49 a.m. 0 comments
They'll be jamming at Erin's Isle Irish Pub, with a host of entertainerss remembering the late Bobby Gideons on Sunday.
Review: Hawke, Delpy pitch-perfect in 'Midnight'
Published 6/14/2013 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
“Before Midnight,” the third movie in the Richard Linklater series that began with the 1995 “Before Sunrise,” is not only as good as the first two, it’s arguably better
Feel-good 'Kinky Boots' wins at feel-good Tonys
Published 6/10/2013 at 10:14 a.m. 0 comments
On a feel-good night for Broadway, it was only natural that the Tony Award go to its most feel-good musical, the joyous "Kinky Boots." But most everything about Sunday's Tony telecast was warmhearted, from inspiring speeches about the theatrical community ...
Swimming champion, movie star Esther Williams dies
Published 6/6/2013 at 1:04 p.m. 0 comments
Esther Williams, the swimming champion turned actress who starred in glittering and aquatic Technicolor musicals of the 1940s and 1950s, has died. She was 91.
Jon Stewart to take 'Daily Show' break to make film
Published 6/5/2013 at 11:58 a.m. 0 comments
Jon Stewart is starting a summer-long break from anchoring "The Daily Show," but it will be no holiday. He'll be in the Middle East making his first movie.
The Bookworm: Here's to your health – Good drinks, friends and conversation
Published 5/21/2013 at 6:04 p.m. 0 comments
Your doctor tells you that you need more vegetables in your diet. Pay attention to the food groups, she said, and she gave you a chart. Four servings of this, two servings of that, green things and yellow things all ...
Marco Island Center for the Arts gets a colorful facelift
Published 5/20/2013 at 10:53 a.m. 0 comments
The art scene on Marco Island got a lot brighter this weekend. Specifically, the headquarters building of the Marco Island Center for the Arts received a makeover Saturday, with volunteers applying a splashy multi-colored paint job on the formerly white ...
Capt. Brien’s Off the Hook Comedy Club relocating to Bonita Springs
Published 5/15/2013 at 8:30 a.m. 6 comments
Capt. Brien Spina, owner of the Off the Hook Comedy Club on Marco Island, has recently announced plans to relocate to Bonita Springs. According to a press release, Capt. Brien has secured a 4-acre property at the corner of Imperial ...
Camping it up – Marco Island groups offer programs to enrich young lives
Published 5/13/2013 at 1:40 p.m. 0 comments
Education doesn't need to stop when the school year ends. In fact, kids are learning all the time, and the summer is no exception. Marco Island parents have a variety of day camp possibilities for their offspring, helping them learn ...
PHOTOS: Mother/Daughter Mad Hatter Tea Party
Published 5/13/2013 at 11:44 a.m. 0 comments
As is traditional on the Saturday before Mother's Day Mackle Park was decked out for a mother/daughter social. With a Mad Hatter theme the kids enjoyed everything from arts and crafts, dances, costumes, staff and volunteers in character plus a ...
The Bard on the rock – High school students stage 'Twelfth Night'
Published 5/9/2013 at 12:31 p.m. 0 comments
"The play's the thing." The famous line from Hamlet rings true for the Marco Island Shakespeare Festival. If you're going to stage a theatrical production, Shakespeare is the gold standard, and for their inaugural play, festival founder and director Jacqu
The Bookworm: Intrigue, romance and a good old fashioned fleecing
Published 5/7/2013 at 4:17 p.m. 0 comments
Sometimes, your entire life feels like a recipe for drama. Oh, you really hate it and you'd like to wipe your plate clean of it all, but that's never gonna happen. No matter what's cooking around you, there's always an ...
'Talk Derby to Me' – 'Run for the Roses' a chance for Marco Island to raise cash for the kids
Published 5/6/2013 at 12:17 p.m. 0 comments
The Marco Island Brewery was packed Saturday afternoon for "Talk Derby to Me," with enough extravagant hats to make it difficult to see around the restaurant, let alone move around freely. The occasion was the annual fundraiser for Marco's Upon ...
- Mar 3rd 2014 Frankenstein at Marco Lutheran
- Feb 13th 2014 Wet Paint Live, 2014
- Dec 2nd 2013 Marco Island tree lighting, 2013
- Nov 22nd 2013 Arturo's After Five
- Nov 4th 2013 Family Fun this week w/ Leigh Tahirovic
- Oct 28th 2013 Spooktacular, Mackle Park, 2013
- Oct 11th 2013 Sunrise/Sunset at Art Center, Marco…
- Sep 26th 2013 ERICH KUNZEL SERIES STARS
- Sep 24th 2013 CJ's B'Day
- Sep 24th 2013 Family Fun this week with Leigh…
- Sep 20th 2013 GoShots: Wine, food pairings event at…
- Sep 13th 2013 GoShots: Salon de Garage
- Dec 8th 2011 The Three Stooges (No Rating)
- Sep 22nd 2011 Showcase Plus: Your Weekend Guide
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Sep 30th 2010 Rockettes: Brittany Lents on her…
- Aug 24th 2010 Cookit! Turtle Tini
- Dec 12th 2009 Iron Chef Marco
- Sep 29th 2009 Marco Island Historical Museum…
- Jan 24th 2009 25th Annual Stan's Mullet Festival
- Apr 27th 2008 2008 Taste of Marco
- Feb 21st 2008 St. Mark's flea market
- Feb 1st 2008 Wet Paint Live
- Nov 5th 2007 Hairball 2007
- "Lady with all the Answers" - An evening with Ann Landers Golden Gate Community Center -- 8 P.M.
- Wine and Food Tasting Old World Market -- 4 P.M.
- EL MORRO - KARAOKE Dance Party El Morro Cuban Cuisine -- 6 P.M.
- Karaoke Night Porky's Last Stand, 701 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island -- 7 P.M.
- Art at The Marco Players The Marco Players Theater -- 8 P.M.