2012 Lely High School Graduates
Published 6/2/2012 at 4:00 a.m. 0 comments
Eugenia Ferrell, Assistant Principal of Attendance and Discipline, and Jon Bremseth, Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Instruction, conferred degrees on Lely graduates Friday evening at Alico Arena.
Collier grads prepare for new beginning celebrate a little first
Updated 6/1/2012 at 8:44 p.m. 0 comments
If we have the determination to be the best, we will always succeed, said Emily Caputo who plans to attend Harvard University. Our class showed the commitment and perseverance that will serve us well in the comi
Authors and Artists: TBE event showcases children's talents and professional role models
Published 5/24/2012 at 3:48 p.m. 0 comments
Authors and Artists Night pulled a crowd that might be envied by a county fair. Before you even reached the school, the sound of the Marco Island Strummers, a dozen strong, serenading the arriving families out front gave the proceedings ...
Marco Island City Council opens with Marco Island Academy report; close with advisory committee selections
Published 5/24/2012 at 3:40 p.m. 17 comments
[No Paragraph Style]BC BodycopyNaysayers were nowhere to be found Monday as Jane Watt gave City Council her first year report on the Marco Island Academy. Critics dogged the fledgling charter high school from its inception. The report by Watt, chairwoman
30 Years Ago: New golf course planned near Eagle Creek
Published 5/18/2012 at 3:00 a.m. 0 comments
In the Marco Island Eagle 30 years ago it was announced that a new golf course is being planned adjacent to Eagle Creek Golf Club.
Principal for a day: Commissioner Fiala interns at Tommie Barfield Elementary on Marco Island
Published 5/17/2012 at 5:04 p.m. 6 comments
Tommie Barfield Elementary got a new principal this week – briefly. Collier County Commissioner Donna Fiala served as “principal for a day” Tuesday morning, but actual TBE principal Dr. Jory Westberry not only didn’t have to worry about job security, ...
Superintendents: Miscommunication about FCAT changes to blame for low writing scores
Published 5/16/2012 at 5:30 a.m. 1 comment
Somewhere theres a miss. Somewhere theres a disconnect, Collier Superintendent Kamela Patton said. Theres no way scores drop 50-60 points.
Too tough? State ed board may lower passing grade after fewer students pass FCAT writing part
Updated 5/14/2012 at 8:37 p.m. 6 comments
The State Board of Education has set an emergency meeting for Tuesday to consider lowering the passing grade on the writing portion of Florida's standardized test, after preliminary results indicated only about a third of students would pass this year's ...
Justine Giles Lely’s Winged Foot candidate choice
Published 5/10/2012 at 2:02 p.m. 0 comments
On the soccer field and in the classroom Lely senior Justine Giles exceeds.
Collier School Board approves $16.5 million cuts, expects more in years to come
Published 5/8/2012 at 9:57 p.m. 0 comments
The cuts include reducing central office and school budgets, and eliminating 100 jobs, including central office and related arts and media specialist positions.
Collier Schools releases details of position, budget cuts
Updated 5/2/2012 at 8:18 p.m. 0 comments
Collier County Public Schools released Wednesday a detailed list of the recommended budget cuts the district will present to the School Board Tuesday.
Collier School District: Teacher raises on hold indefinitely
Published 4/30/2012 at 6:00 p.m. 0 comments
Collier school teachers might not get a raise anytime soon, according to the district's most recent salary proposal.
Junior Achievement and Mutual of Omaha Bank bring banking to TBE students
Published 4/26/2012 at 2:28 p.m. 0 comments
For the first time Junior Achievement and Mutual of Omaha Bank, Marco Island joined forces to educate one of Tommie Barfield’s second grade classes on what it takes to build a community.
DAR recognizes two Marco Islanders
Published 4/26/2012 at 2:24 p.m. 0 comments
The Marco Island Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) honored two deserving Marco Islanders at its April 19 meeting at the Hideaway Beach Club.
History lesson: MICMS 8th graders tour Holocaust Museum’s Nazi boxcar
Published 4/26/2012 at 2:11 p.m. 29 comments
“The Holocaust seems so not real,” said eighth grader Ariel Schneider. “It was so horrible – who could do that?”
- Sep 10th 2013 TBE exhibit visit
- Aug 19th 2013 Back-to-school, Marco Island, 2013
- Aug 19th 2013 Back to school photos - 2013
- May 9th 2013 MIA does Shakespeare
- Apr 18th 2013 Marco Island Academy ribbon cutting
- Apr 7th 2013 Project Prom Dress 2013
- Mar 2nd 2013 Lely students partner with Discovery…
- Feb 20th 2013 Marco Island Academy Construction
- Nov 20th 2012 "Boogie and Blues"
- Oct 5th 2012 Marco Academy Homecoming
- Aug 20th 2012 Back to School on Marco Island
- Jun 8th 2012 Marco Island Middle School Beach Bash…
- Jun 1st 2011 New Superintendent gives press…
- Nov 5th 2010 New uniforms for the Lely High School…
- Jun 3rd 2009 TBE clap out
- Apr 21st 2009 TBE receives Flip Video from Marco Eagle
- Apr 21st 2009 TBE students visit Marco Eagle
- Mar 26th 2009 Marco charter high school proposal
- Mar 23rd 2009 Students speak on a Marco charter…
- Mar 12th 2009 Interview with Lely's Don Stewart
- Feb 26th 2009 Marco resident and Lely freshman Alex…
- Feb 26th 2009 Lely instructor on Marco's students
- Feb 3rd 2009 Interview with Mario Sanchez
- Jan 21st 2009 Terri DiSciullo on Tract K solar