Marco Academy wins 2 of 3 games – Marco Charter teams win over Community School
Published 1/23/2014 at 9:31 a.m. 1 comment
Marco Island Charter Middle School boys won a hotly-contested basketball game againmst Community School, 54-48, on Thursday.
Marco Senior Softball: Fierce competition keeps standings close
Published 1/23/2014 at 7:46 a.m. 0 comments
Action heats up in Marco Senior Softball action.
On The Hook: Sheepshead holiday
Published 1/22/2014 at 1:40 p.m. 2 comments
So, this is the time all Southwest Florida visiting anglers have patiently waited for –it's sheepshead time. The big versions of these striped bait thieves are headed inland as nature, triggered by the sudden dip in water temperature, drives them ...
Huffor back to living his professional basketball dream
Published 1/16/2014 at 9:29 p.m. 0 comments
Danny Huffor back living his dream, playing professional basketball. In July, 2012, Huffor, a former Lely High standout, was capping off his first season in the British Basketball League by representing Team Scotland in the European Championships. In the first ...
Keen competition highlights Marco Senior Softball
Published 1/16/2014 at 7:51 a.m. 0 comments
ActionThe 2014 season is off to a very competitive level of play. In the Island Division, Nacho Mama's and the Brewery are tied for first with Mutual of Omaha Bank and Sand Bar one game behinpacked season underway in Marcpo ...
Kit Fowler: JUCO walk on signs to play Div. I baseball
Published 1/9/2014 at 3:16 p.m. 0 comments
Marco Island's Kit Fowler was dumbfounded when he did not receive a single baseball scholarship in 2012. That's over now. He feels much more wanted after signing with Division I Tennessee Tech before Christmas. He had passed up being the ...
Vanderjagts doing well in Scottsdale
Published 1/9/2014 at 3:13 p.m. 13 comments
Mike Vanderjagt moved his family to Scottsdale, Ariz., last summer to help his son's athletic potential. It worked. For Jay and Mike. A freshman, Jay led the Saguaro High School freshman football team, and started one game for the junior ...
Marco Senior Softball season begins with power hitting
Published 1/9/2014 at 9:30 a.m. 0 comments
The weatehr was chilly, but the bats were hot on opening day of the Marco Island Senior Softball League.
On The Hook: Fishing cohorts
Published 1/8/2014 at 10:31 a.m. 0 comments
The four guys in this story are my friends ... at least I think so. They come from places in the north; very cold places with names like Ice Falls and Whiteout. They come here to escape those frigid months ...
Naples Half Marathon readies for record competition
Published 1/2/2014 at 10:44 a.m. 0 comments
When runners toe the starting line for the Naples Daily News Half Marathon on Sunday, Jan. 19, the sheer numbers alone will be incredible. Officials expect more than 2,500 competitors.
On The Hook: Net ban benefit replay
Published 12/27/2013 at 4:00 a.m. 3 comments
One of the oft asked questions by anglers on charter trips is, "How's the fishing here in Southwest Florida now, compared to years ago ... better or worse?" That's a trigger question for me and I usually launch into a ...
One hill of a run: Over 200 runners cover five miles of hills in annual run
Published 12/23/2013 at 10:25 a.m. 0 comments
Last December, it was the Chill Run, with temps down in the 40s. On Saturday, it was 40 degrees warmer, making the heat a factor, along with the unaccustomed gradients, as 245 runners ran five miles in this year's running ...
Area athletes shine in Flolrida Senior Games Championships
Published 12/19/2013 at 4:31 p.m. 0 comments
Talent shines at Florida International Senior Games & State Championships.
Youth CalendarGet muddy to help children's hospital
Published 12/19/2013 at 4:09 p.m. 0 comments
Youth football: Southwest Florida team headed to national championship
Updated 12/19/2013 at 4:38 p.m. 0 comments
Southwest Florida youth football has reached a very high perch as its eighth-grade all-star team has advanced to the Sweet 16 of the Football University National Youth Championship Series, being held this weekend at Buford, Ga.
- Mar 6th 2014 Special kids up to baseball challenge
- Mar 3rd 2014 Special kids up to baseball challenge
- Mar 3rd 2014 RC Laser Regatta, Marco Island, 2014
- Feb 13th 2014 Southwest Florida Christian Academy…
- Feb 13th 2014 Collier Senior softballers know their…
- Dec 23rd 2013 Hill Run, Marco Island, 2013
- Nov 25th 2013 Jolley Be Good 5K
- Nov 23rd 2013 Teens win Jolley Be Good 5K Run
- Nov 16th 2013 Chalk flies to benefit Roger Raymond
- Nov 13th 2013 Lady Sharks down Lely
- Nov 13th 2013 Lely downs Estero in soccer
- Nov 9th 2013 Marco Island Academy loses on Senior…
- Nov 2nd 2013 First Baptist rolls over MIA
- Oct 12th 2013 Neumann routs Marco Island Academy
- Sep 13th 2013 Charlotte pulls away from Lely
- Nov 10th 2012 First Baptist roars past MIA
- Oct 20th 2012 Golden Gate clinches postseason berth
- Oct 13th 2012 Sharks defeat Trojans
- Oct 6th 2012 Immokalee rallies past Lely
- Sep 29th 2012 Barron Collier grinds up Lely
- Sep 22nd 2012 North Port holds off Lely
- Sep 14th 2012 Trojans spoil Cape Coral’s homecoming
- Sep 13th 2012 SJN's JV edges Marco Island Academy
- Jan 7th 2012 Titans shut out Trojans