The microwave that started a fire in Eugene Ostrom's kitchen sits in the yard Thursday afternoon near a pile of smoldering debris removed from the home. While the fire was confined to the kitchen area, it burned through the support trusses in the roof, causing significant damage to the structure around 3 p.m.

Photo by LESLIE WILLIAMS HALE

The microwave that started a fire in Eugene Ostrom's kitchen sits in the yard Thursday afternoon near a pile of smoldering debris removed from the home. While the fire was confined to the kitchen area, it burned through the support trusses in the roof, causing significant damage to the structure around 3 p.m.

Buy this photo

Photo Rating:

Related Stories

Comments » 0

Be the first to post a comment!

Share your thoughts

Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.

Comments can be shared on Facebook and Yahoo!. Add both options by connecting your profiles.

Features