Photo Galleries »

Naples restaurants shut down due to gas line break

Janet Plaza, right, takes a picture of the closed sign on Chops City Grill Thursday night in Naples as she, her husband, Bob, center, and many others tried to go to the restaurant for dinner.  The couple, visiting from Pennsylvania said they were given a gift certificate for the restaurant by their children and were going to send them a picture of the closed sign. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon.

Photo by LEXEY SWALL

Janet Plaza, right, takes a picture of the closed sign on Chops City Grill Thursday night in Naples as she, her husband, Bob, center, and many others tried to go to the restaurant for dinner. The couple, visiting from Pennsylvania said they were given a gift certificate for the restaurant by their children and were going to send them a picture of the closed sign. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon.

Buy this photo

Photo Rating:
Gallery Rating:

  • James Corbett, right, manager of Chops City Grill,  apologizes for having to turn customers away Thursday night in Naples because the restaurant had no gas. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • Janet Plaza, right, takes a picture of the closed sign on Chops City Grill Thursday night in Naples as she, her husband, Bob, center, and many others tried to go to the restaurant for dinner.  The couple, visiting from Pennsylvania said they were given a gift certificate for the restaurant by their children and were going to send them a picture of the closed sign. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon.
  • Jocelyn Dionisio, a hostess at McCabe's Irish Pub and Grill, waits to greet customers on Thursday night. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food, but McCabe's made up new menus that say 'McCabe's Gas Crisis Menu' at the top. The restaurant continued to serve items that did not require cooking. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food, but McCabe's made up new menus that say 'McCabe's Gas Crisis Menu' at the top. The restaurant continued to serve items that did not require cooking. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • A closed sign is taped to the menu board of Pazzo! Cucina Italiano on Fifth Avenue South in Naples on Thursday night. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • Janet Plaza, right, and her husband, Bob, stop to read a closed sign on the door of Chops City Grill on Thursday night in Naples.  Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • Janet Plaza, right, and her husband, Bob, stop to read a closed sign on the door of Chops City Grill on Thursday night in Naples.  Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff
  • A couple reads the menu at McCabe's Irish Pub and Grill on Thursday night. Many restaurants from Fort Myers to Naples had to turn people away Thursday night because they ran out of natural gas used to cook food, but McCabe's made up new menus that say 'McCabe's Gas Crisis Menu' at the top. The restaurant continued to serve items that did not require cooking. The problem was a result of the gas line explosion that occurred in Fort Myers earlier Thursday afternoon. Lexey Swall/Staff

Related Stories for Naples restaurants shut down due to gas line break

Comments on this photo » 0

Be the first to post a comment!

Share your thoughts

Comments are the sole responsibility of the person posting them. You agree not to post comments that are off topic, defamatory, obscene, abusive, threatening or an invasion of privacy. Violators may be banned. Click here for our full user agreement.

Comments can be shared on Facebook and Yahoo!. Add both options by connecting your profiles.

Features