From Collier County Heritage, loaned by Beatrice Pratt
This photo, taken from the top of the Bank of the Everglades, shows the heart of Everglades City during a parade on June 26, 1928, when Tamiami Trail — spearheaded by Barron Gift Collier — celebrated its linkage of Tampa and Miami. Note Ed Black's little black & white dog in the lead. The jail building is top center. At the intersection is the first bus from Miami to the Everglades. Directly above it is the Liberty Building.