About Big Cypress National Preserve
The Oasis Visitor Center in Big Cypress National Preserve is located mid-way between Naples and Miami on the Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41). Hours of operation: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily. Closed December 25th. For an introduction to Big Cypress National Preserve, a 15 minute movie, The Living Waters of Big Cypress, is available for viewing. Also located at Oasis is a boardwalk for wildlife viewing and access to the Florida National Scenic Trail.
Other attractions include a boardwalk and other opportunities to see wildlife including scenic trails, a 27-mile loop road and the Turner River-Birdon Road loop. The preserve encompasses 730,000 acres, the largest undeveloped tract of land in Collier County, and includes cypress forests, tropical hardwood hammocks, sawgrass prairies and pinelands. Tours guided by park rangers can be arranged.
- Young Florida panther returned to the wild
- Sportsmen plead with FWC to open hunting in portion of Big Cypress currently off limits
- Big Cypress fire 95 percent contained, no longer growing
- Big Cypress firefighters pull out all the stops in battle against nature
- PHOTOS: Wildfire consumes 90 acres at Big Cypress
|Sunday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Monday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|