About Southwest Florida International Airport
Looking across the runway at Southwest Florida International Airport, travelers in the old terminal had a view of the future. From their perspective, the flight gates on the back side of the new Midfield Terminal look similar to gates at the terminal in which they were standing. But for the most part, that's where the similarities ended.Just about everything at the new $438 million terminal is bigger and better than the 22-year-old building it is replacing. Not only will the new terminal function a lot better, its bright, airy, tropical look will be much more comfortable to travelers than the dark, cramped space in the existing one. From tall, arched ceilings to terrazzo tile floors and large windows just about everywhere in between, the new terminal gives travelers a refreshing arrival to and departure from Southwest Florida. The airport is managed by the Lee County Port Authority. Port Authority hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Special Section: Visit our special Midfield Terminal section for audio and video clips, 360-tours, interactive maps and photo galleries, plus a wealth of coverage about the new multi-million dollar airport terminal.
- Coming and Going: Get arrivals and departures information from Southwest Florida International Airport here.
- Parking: How to get to Southwest Florida International Airport, plus parking information
- Airline information: Airline phone numbers for Southwest Florida International Airport
- South Lee residents make noise about airplane noise
- Estero gets a chance to speak up against noisy planes
- VIDEO/PHOTOS: Southern snowstorm cancels more than 30 flights at Southwest Florida International Airport
- VIDEO: Plane lands safely at RSW after landing gear problems
- VIDEO: Southwest Airlines jet diverted to RSW by cabin pressure problem