1. Marco Strong: A celebration of locals helping locals
A fundraiser and celebration for “all the wonderful people who did Marco Island proud before, during and after the storm” will be held from 4 until 8 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 1 at the Esplanade, 800 North Collier Boulevard.
Featured area musicians include J.Robert, Raiford Starke, Frank Carroll, Ryan Darling, Jeff Hilt, Capt’n Jac, Ben Olson, Duncan Wheeler and Joerey Ortiz. To donate to the GoFundMe campaign, go to GoFundMe.com and search for Marco Island Hurricane Irma fund.
2. Marco Evangelical Pastors Association invites you to find some peace
Marco Evangelical Pastors Association welcomes anyone from our community to sit in any of the sanctuaries during the week to pray and find quiet during this stressful time
- Marco Presbyterian Church, 875 W. Elkcam Cirle, Marco Island; 239-394-8186
- New Life Church, 489-590 W. Elkcam Circle, Marco Island; 239-394-3469
- Wesley Methodist Church, 350 South Barfield Drive, Marco Island; 239-394-3734
- The Family Church, 1450 Winterberry Drive, Marco Island; 239-394-1646
3. Marco Players seeks volunteers
The Marco Players theater group seeking volunteers for our 2017-2018 production season.
Positions include director, stage manager, backstage manager, stage hand, designer/master carpenter, actors, costume designer, lighting and sound booth technicians, costume dress assistants, and many other areas, and we can always use help in script reading and helping our actor volunteers memorize their lines and cues.
The Marco Players theater group is the oldest non-profit community theater on Marco Island.