Web Search powered by Yahoo! SEARCH
- I would like to know who came up with the idea "The commute to the nearest high school is 1.5-3 hours round trip." that is Insane! Have any of you ever even driven to lely? It takes 1 hour round trip to get to the mall. That's Naples High not lely. It takes me around 20-25 min in traffic to get to lely every morning. In 3 hours I could walk to lely.Just in case you don't trust me trust mapquest!1:Start out going NORTHWEST on JAMAICA RD toward TRINIDAD AVE.2:Turn RIGHT onto YELLOWBIRD ST.3:Turn RIGHT onto N COLLIER BLVD/ FL-951 N.4: Turn LEFT onto TAMIAMI TRL E/ US-41 N/ FL-90 W.5:Turn RIGHT onto BROWARD ST. (Lely sign)6:Turn LEFT onto TEXAS AVE. (you can see lely bus loop)7:Turn RIGHT into lely on the next street-Estimated Time: 19 minutes-Estimated Distance: 11.72 miles
THIS IS THE REAL DISTANCE FROM MICMS TO LELY HIGH SCHOOL STOP EXAGGERATING!
to: ndenic Any "child" (PS 15-18 are not children) who has been determined needy in any way, be it a phisical or mental issue, are given a special bus directly home. This also will apply to students who are deemed a risk to other students or if other students are a risk to them.
- I do not feel that this will be good for me or any of the other students who attend lely. We are currently receiving a very good education from Lely High School. We have so many great teachers and the programs that a small Island school can't offer. I am in JROTC, Criminal Justice, and a slue of AP and Honors classes. Most of these things could never be possible at a small school. - I would like to know who came up with the idea "The commute to the nearest high school is 1.5-3 hours round trip." that is Insane! Have any of you ever even driven to lely? It takes 1 hour round trip to get to the mall. That's Naples High not lely. It takes me around 20-25 min in traffic to get to lely every morning. In 3 hours I could walk to lely.Just in case you don't trust me trust mapquest!1:Start out going NORTHWEST on JAMAICA RD toward TRINIDAD AVE. 2:Turn RIGHT onto YELLOWBIRD ST.3:Turn RIGHT onto N COLLIER BLVD/ FL-951 N.4: Turn LEFT onto TAMIAMI TRL E/ US-41 N/ FL-90 W.5:Turn RIGHT onto BROWARD ST. (Lely sign)6:Turn LEFT onto TEXAS AVE. (you can see lely bus loop)7:Turn RIGHT into lely on the next street-Estimated Time: 19 minutes -Estimated Distance: 11.72 miles
Now really who came up with those crazy numbers? - just to let you know the reason lely is a D school is due to the fact that the FACT is administered to students who are still on a third grade reading and math level. Not because they are dumb but because they started reading English three years ago! Give you AP student a Spanish FACT, lets see how well they do!
Way to go lely mom! thank you for having some backbone even if others do not.
- I think that you are all crazy to try and send your kids a Marco high school. I currently attend lely and am offended by this- - "All anyone with children has to do is drive by lely shortly after school lets out and see how safe you would feel about sending your children there." - All anyone with a brain has to do is come to MY, OUR, school and observe an AP or honors class. Please come observe our Band, JROTC, Criminal Justice, Construction and all the other classes that a small island school could NEVER have. All you ever hear is how bad lely is but I am here to tell you that lely is the only reason I am going to college. Had I continued on the "academic only" tract started in MICMS I would have dropped out long ago. - And for all of you people who say that lely is sooo far away, you need to get real. It takes 25 min to drive from Marco City Hall to lely. I drive it every morning. As for not being safe? Don't you drive to the Mall? We had more fights in MICMS than in my three years at lely. - TROJAN PRIDE
- P.S. please go and talk to LTC Price (JROTC) or Ken Fairbanks (principal) if you really want to KNOW lely. lely IS an amazing school
Well this is all very relevant but...
Who here has ever been to lely?
Who here has ever talked to a lely student?
Who here will be affected by this new high school at all?
"and there's your sign"
- I love lely and am receiving a great education from lely. I am taking JROTC with LTC Price and in all honors classes. I do not feel that a high school on Marco island could benefit me in ANY of the ways that lely does. Maybe i wouldn't use gas driving to school every day but is it worth it? - Not to me. or anyone who would need to give up a class they love. For me it would be JROTC, ROTC is not just a class to me. ROTC is my family. For another student it may be band, art, construction, criminal justice the list goes on and on. - and all for what to save gas? If you could offer everything that lely currently does, im all for it, but you cant! The fact is that with a smaller class size you cant have as many classes, so you cut classes, and then what are you left with? Core based curriculum? - No thank you! High school is not about the core classes it is about learning as a whole and growing and becoming adults.
lely is an amazing school! LTC Price is a great teacher and helps all of his students succeed.
Feels Like: 72°
Feels Like: 86°
Feels Like: 73°
View popular webcams in our area.
Sign up to read an electronic replica of the Marco Eagle newspaper.
Get your local news anywhere you go from the Marco Eagle. Download app »
See photos from local anglers with their biggest catch of the day. Submit your photos.
Our radar shows current conditions and possible severe weather.