We talked to three women who grew up around the city's dump site in Dunbar, drinking well water and playing on the site. They now want to know if this land was harming them.
We talk to geologists involved as testing begins on South Street, home to the City’s historic contaminated sludge site in Dunbar.
Tom Hayden, senior engagement editor, shares a memorable story from his career during the inaugural Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
Sheldon Zoldan, content strategist, shares a memorable story from his career during the inaugural Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
Journalist Janine Zeitlin shares a memorable story from her career during the inaugural Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
Charles Runnells, entertainment reporter at the News-Press, shares a memorable story from his career during the Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
Michael Braun, breaking news reporter, at the News-Press, shares a memorable story from his career during the Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
Storyteller Amy Bennett Williams, reporter at the News-Press, shares a memorable story from her career during the Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
Chad Gillis, environmental reporter at the News-Press, shares a memorable story from his career during the Southwest Florida Storytellers Project at the Cape Coral Yacht Club.
High School football game highlights from Palmetto Ridge at Estero
With only four animal control workers and more than 25,000 stray dogs, the U.S. territory of Guam has a serious issue.
Adam Regan and Seth Soffian with the News-Press break down week eight in football play in Lee County.
A months-long USA TODAY Network investigation reveals that for years, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs concealed mistakes and misdeeds by staff members entrusted with caring for veterans.
Frontier is bringing new routes to Southwest Florida International Airport. This first flight is an arrival from Islip, Long Island, New York.
Adam Regan and Seth Soffian break down this week's games of the week with help from a special guest.
Riverdale edges East Lee 34-33.
A look back at the week leading up to the day Hurricane Irma hit Lee County and what the weeks looked like in her passing.
U.S. Air Force Academy superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria delivered a powerful message after racial slurs were scrawled outside the dorm rooms of five black students at the Air Force Academy Preparatory School.
Dwayne Jackson, founder of Hoops On Mission, tries to reach inner-city Fort Myers, Florida, youth with his Bibles and basketball outreach program.
In his U.N. speech, President Trump branded Kim Jong Un “Rocket Man”, his latest nickname for an opponent. We asked our in-house design gurus to illustrate Trump’s controversial nicknames.
Over a week after Hurricane Irma hit the Keys, residents were informed roads will be opened up all the way to Key West for the first time. Many felt frustrated, but understood.
A few popular businesses along the drive down to Key West started their long journey of digging out. It will be tough, but they are thankful for what was left.
Sea Breeze RV and Mobile Home Park in Islamorada, FL, was devastated by Hurricane Irma. Many of the Mobile home owners were in the park trying to salvage anything they could from their homes .
Islande Dillon drove down from Miami to get a look at her Key Largo home for the first time since Hurricane Irma hit the Islands.
Cleanup for the J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge after Hurricane Irma was much easier for after the Island of Sanibel as a whole was spared.
A brown pelican rescued off of Fort Myers Beach was brought to CROW on Sanibel days after Hurricane Irma.
Amazingly, the pilot only suffered minor injuries after this plane crash in Connecticut.
Thousands of people line up Saturday to enter a hurricane shelter at Germain Arena in Estero, Florida. The line is more than a mile long. Residents throughout Florida are seeking last minute shelter in advance of Hurricane Irma.
Hundreds of family members checked into the emergency shelter Friday morning at Oak Hammock Middle School in Fort Myers a few days ahead of Hurricane Irma. After seeing the storm shift west, many of the families search for safety.
Nearly 7,000 air passengers were suddenly rerouted to Gander, Newfoundland, moments after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11. Here's how the small town stepped up in a big way.
- Residents watch first well testing
- Testing begins on first well at city sludge site in Dunbar
- The Storytellers Project: Tom Hayden
- The Storytellers Project: Sheldon Zoldan
- The Storytellers Project: Janine Zeitlin
- The Storytellers Project: Charles Runnnells
- The Storytellers Project: Michael Braun
- The Storytellers Project: Amy Bennett Williams
- The Storytellers Project: Chad Gillis
- Highlights from Palmetto Ridge at Estero
- More than 25K dogs are on the loose in Guam
- Inside Southwest Florida Football Week 8
- Investigation finds VA covered up shoddy care and health workers’ mistakes
- Frontier brings more flights to SWFL skies
- Inside Southwest Florida Football Week 7
- Riverdale beats East Lee in overtime thriller
- Hurricane Irma: A direct hit on Southwest Florida
- Air Force Academy chief: Racists 'need to get out'
- I Am An American: Dwayne Jackson
- 'Rocket Man', 'Crooked Hillary': See Trump’s nicknames come to life
- Hurricane Irma: Checkpoint frustrated, opens to Keys residents
- Hurricane Irma: Some Keys businesses still closed but begin to dig out
- Hurricane Irma: Islamorada residents 'There's something about the Keys'
- Hurricane Irma: Islande Dillon gets a look at her Key Largo home
- Hurricane Irma: J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge an easy cleanup
- Hurricane Irma: Rescued Brown Pelican brought to CROW
- Plane crashes into tree, flips into parking lot
- Hurricane Irma: A mile of patience at evacuation center
- Fort Myers families flock to shelters ahead of Hurricane Irma
- How a small town became an unlikely hero of 9/11