Your Marco: Share your photos and video
We're putting the community into your community paper. Whether you live, work or play on the island, the Marco Eagle and this Web site belong to you. Your contribution helps build a section in the Eagle that's reserved just for the community. It's fun, fast and easy. Put it here and watch for it in the paper.
If you have breaking news photos or videos of a fire or traffic crash, send them to us ASAP. CALL 239-213-5329 OR CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT BREAKING NEWS PHOTOS/VIDEO
- Share your stuff on our community Web site - participate.naplesnews.com
- Submit your events for our calendar
- Submit your photos via email
- Submit your video via email
- Submit your news via email
Click the red upload button to begin sharing your photos and videos. All you need to do is log in with your marconews.com account.
Our community photo galleries:
- Sunrises & Sunsets | Archived gallery
- The People of Southwest Florida | Archived gallery
- On the Scene | Archived gallery
- Pets of Southwest Florida | Archived gallery
- Vacation Photos | Archived gallery
- Wild Animals and Nature | Archived gallery: Wild Animals and Nature
- Archived gallery: Waterspouts in SW Florida
- All Your Marco Photos | Archived photos
- Browse all photo galleries on our community Web site - participate.naplesnews.com
One of the things we want more of are your photos. We want the shots of your grandma visiting, your daughter celebrating her second birthday, photos from the prom or the middle school play, and especially that shot of the fish that didn't get away.
If you send us photos, they don't have to be the sort of shots you see in fancy magazines (though we'd love to have your shots of our amazing sunsets on Marco Island, as well).
If you've got a cool shot of some of our crazy weather or something you even took on your camera phone, we want it. We want to see it all, and we want to make sure others see it, also.
And, most importantly, these photos will have a chance of running in our newspaper, not just on our Web site.
When submitting a photo or video please include the who, what, when, where and why and also your real name so we can give you credit on our Web site or in the newspaper. If you're uploading photos or videos on our community Web site, don't forget to put your stuff in the Your Marco channel.
We love it when readers want to blog for us. Do you think you have what it takes? Send us three sample posts. We just want to make sure that you can write week in and week out on a particular topic or topics. Your sample posts can be on any topic and should essentially be mini-essays about something. We usually ask our community bloggers to post at least once a week, although we love it when they post more often.
Check out the Marco Eagle and Daily News bloggers at marconews.com/blogs/.