3 To Do: J.Robert Florida Songwriter Showcase closeout
1. Last chance: J.Robert Florida Songwriter Showcase
The J.Robert Florida Songwriter Showcase closes Aug. 28 with Joerey Ortiz at The Marco Players Theater, Marco Town Center Mall, 1089 N. Collier Blvd., Marco Island.
Advance tickets are $30 each for reserved seating and $35 at the door. Buy individual tickets or a package at TheMarcoPlayers.com or call the box office at 239-642-7270.
The show includes a performance, intermission, Q & A with the musician, and jam session.
2. City celebrations continue
The city of Marco Island will spend a week celebrating the 20th anniversary of cityhood, through Aug. 28.
- 4-6 p.m., Friday, Aug 25: The Greater Marco Family YMCA celebrates 40 years of service to the community.
- 4-6 p.m., Saturday, Aug 26: The Marco Island Historical Museum, presented with the Marco Island Civic Association, celebrates 50 years of service to the community.
- 4-6 p.m., Monday, Aug 28: The big finale, at the Marco Island government campus.
3. Monday: ‘Happy Hour for Hope’
Marco Island Meals of Hope’s August “Happy Hour for Hope” will be from 5 until 7 p.m., Monday, Aug. 28, at Pinchers Crab Shack, 591 S. Collier Blvd., Marco Island.
Live entertainment will be provided by Rosetta Stone.
Marco Meals of Hope is a joint effort of Kiwanis, Noontime Rotary and Sunrise Rotary Clubs. It is a hands-on approach to combating hunger in our community.