3 To Do: United Church celebrates 50
1. Wednesday: United Church celebrates 50
The United Church of Marco Island will celebrate their 50th year anniversary breakfast at 9 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 17 at Disseler Hall, 320 N. Barfield Drive, Marco Island.
Special guest: Donna Fiala, county commissioner.
Tickets are $15 before the event; $20 at the door.
2. Thursday and Friday: Arts & Crafts Show
From 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Friday, Jan. 18 and 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 19 at St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 1101 North Collier Blvd., Marco Island.
Great shopping; something for everyone.
The sale benefits St. Mark's Church Brotherhood.
3. Coming up: Saul I. Stern Cultural Series
The Jewish Congregation of Marco Island, in partnership with the Jewish Federation of Collier County, announces the opening of the 24th continuous season of the Saul I. Stern Cultural Series. Patrons tickets are $75 for the series which includes preferred seating.
The series for members of JCMI are $50. The series for non-members is $60. Individual tickets are $20 for JCMI members and $25 for non-members.
- At 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 20: Dr. Bernd Wollschlaeger’s story is fascinating and his presentation spell-blinding. The son of a Nazi Wehrmacht Colonel, the doctor chose to convert to Judaism. He and his family are devoted to the religion. He continued his medical training in Israel and after completing his training, enrolled in the Israel military service. He now practices medicine in N. Miami Beach. His topic: “My father was a Nazi-against all odds, change is possible.”
- At 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 10: Rabbi Tokayer is the retired Rabbi to the Jewish Community of Japan.
- At 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 3: Naples Brass Quintet - These outstanding musicians combine a program of classic and modern music.