Peak Your Profits: Did you plan to fail? Or fail to plan?
There’s an old adage: “Most people don’t plan to fail, but they do fail to plan.”
Because this thought is timeless and accurate, it’s never too early, to think about your future. Heck, you’ll be spending the rest of your life there.
So to help you plan and prosper, this week’s column is “short” in length, yet incredibly “long” in its power and potential. Yet, that’s up to you.
Here's a success worksheet. While it may require minimal adaptation to your type of business, product or service, it’ll have immediate application.
Think about your replies. Consider the possibilities. Take the time, to approach this assignment with focus and candor. Your answers can pave the way, for incredible new levels of achievement.
My success worksheet
- My income goal over defined time frame(s) is:
- To meet and exceed this, I will have, do, create, make happen the following:
- My average sale:
- Number of sales projected per (i.e., quarter, month, week, day):
- Proposals or solid possibilities in my pipeline, over (defined time frame):
- Hot prospects, (identify your top ten, etc.):
- Strategies to contact them: (identify “how” and “by when”):
- Number of prospects I need to see (i.e., quarter, month, week, day):
- Number of appointments I need over (defined time frame):
- Number of referrals requested over (defined time frame):
- Number of referrals received over (defined time frame):
- Number of referrals contacted over (defined time frame):
- Number of follow-up calls to make over (defined time frame):
- Number of gratitude or networking meals, events over (defined time frame):
- Strategies to create visibility with decision-influencers and decision-makers:
- Number of “thank you” and “thinking of you” notes to send over (defined time frame):
- Educational goals, skill building (will read, listen to, watch ... ):
- To track my success, over (defined time frame), I will:
- Others that’ll help keep me accountable include:
- To increase my income goal by (how many percent) I need to:
- Other ideas, strategies, beliefs that’ll help me meet, exceed my goals:
- Remember, success and goal setting are simply the progressive movement toward, and eventual realization of a worthwhile idea. May you turn your ideas into implementation.
Jeff Blackman is a Hall of Fame speaker, author, success coach, broadcaster and lawyer. His clients call him a “business-growth specialist.” If you hire speakers, contact Jeff at 847-998-0688 or email@example.com. And visit jeffblackman.com to learn more about his other business-growth tools and to subscribe to Jeff’s free e-letter, The Results Report. Jeff’s books include “Stop Whining! Start Selling!” (an Amazon Bestseller) and the revised 4th edition of the best-selling “Peak Your Profits.” You can also stay connected with Jeff via Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter: @BlackmanResults.