Scattered modest red tide evident. Overall weather favorable. Exception late period, south gusty wind. Tides super weak both ways till full moon at period end. Water temps inch up to 73-74.
- Backwater: Sheepshead of size about gone. Concentration shifts mangrove snapper. Most edges, i.e. Johnson, Addison Bays. Snook action picks up Rookery Bay current edges. Pompano first, last tidal hours Hurricane Pass.
- Nearshore: Mackerel, bluefish two-miles west Capri. Thick. Lane, mangrove snapper Walton Reef. Small blacktips Five Mile.
- Offshore: Some kings show mid-range wrecks with bait. Yellowtail snapper same venue on chum tads freelined into slick. Last week’s crab trap markers for tripletail.
- Backwater: Spec trout hot target. Johnson, Rookery Bay flats, Canon Island north edge. Mangrove snapper showing in size Hurricane Pass east edges. Scattered pompano early incoming same venue.
- Nearshore: Snook first light incoming Gordon Jetty.
- Mackerel east edges Gordon Five moderate p.m. ebb on tipped jigs under chum. Snapper -- north end Keewaydin Reef.
- Offshore: Need super deep 70-75’ hard bottom with live pinfish, red grouper due west Gordon. Scattered kings, cobia start action mid-range wrecks, live bait; incoming tide.
- Backwater: Size of snapper catch improves abruptly. Redfish show, incoming mid-Bay island edges. Snook stay active Carlos, New channels, best incoming. Oswego Bay flats for pompano.
- Nearshore: Snook, first light incoming, Wiggins Pass beach. Mackerel, some bluefish 20-30’ first reef structure.
- Offshore: King mackerel show mid-range wrecks, on live runners. Spotty action very deep on red grouper. Crab pots pull mid-April, no tripletail action.