Fishingcast: Conditions for Southwest Florida, April 6-12
Pleasant week. No rain, storms. Light red tide continues Marco, Naples. Tides weekend, early week super weak both ways. Water temp up to 72 to 74.
- Backwater: Spring showing. Mackerel, bluefish Capri, Hurricane, Caxambas second hour incoming. Snook; Rookery Bay current points late week incoming, pilchards. Sizable mangrove snapper Hurricane Pass edges. Scattered flounder/shallow edges.
- Nearshore: Pompano Sand Dollar west edge first of incoming. Mackerel, bluefish, little tunny Capri barges; weighed jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Good weather, chance for deep run 60-65 mi hard bottom red grouper; on live pinfish on drift. Stone crab pots gone April 15; no tripletail habitat
- Backwater: Redfish, Dollar Bay N/S late week late incoming Rookery Bay points; Henderson flats. Trout, north edges Canon Island. Hurricane Mackerel; bluefish first hours incoming.
- Nearshore: Gordon rip-rap late week incoming, snook with pilchards. Mackerel, Gordon to Pier on jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Deep; chance red grouper 65’-plus on live pinfish. Mackerel, bluefish med range wrecks; best incoming tipped weighted jigs.
- Backwater: Wind mild. Oswego Bay - sea trout on drop off. Some pompano same venue. Redfish circa Mound Key bars / cut ladyfish. Black drum; Little Carlos mangrove deep edges.
- Nearshore: Mackerel, blues, little tunny first reefs late week a.m. incoming. Pompano, Carlos, late week a.m. incoming.
- Offshore: Plus conditions, long run 65-70 miles hard bottom for red grouper on live pinfish. Yellowtail on mid-range wrecks; freelined chum bits in slick.