West wind pattern fades, northeast wind dominant this week. Clears water. New moon tides favorable, both ways. Minimal storms. Water temp 75-78.
- Backwater: Clean water big plus. Last week open snook season. Shoreline action Kice to Keeywadin, great early a.m. in-tide. Passes for mackerel et al early a.m. Some pompano in mix. Inside, bigger snapper, black drum active.
- Nearshore: Tarpon begin show, nNorth edge Marco River to Capri Channel #R3 north edge. On cut catfish, no chum. Pelagics on Capri Barges; a.m. incoming.
- Offshore: Lighter northeast winds, flat water. Better keep/catch ratio snapper inside reefs. Deep wrecks for start pelagic migration (kings, cobia). Fair red grouper action deep (70-plus)
- Backwater: Snook action Gordon to Port Royal junction; pilchards on excellent first light in-tide. Pompano, clean water, Hurricane Pass, early with tipped jig. Trout ICW #R28 south incoming.
- Nearshore: Tarpon Keewaydin flats early in-tide. Mackerel et al Gordon to Pier 20-30’. Snapper E edges Gordon Five.
- Offshore: Reefs, wrecks SW 40,’ snapper action 11-14” mangrove, lane. Deep wrecks limited pelagic migration kings, cobia, shark.
- Backwater: Fading west wind pattern to northeast holds promise clean water. Snook, last week for harvest. Ostego Bay drop offs with pilchards. Estero Bay flats strong spec trout action. Tarpon / Carlos channel early a.m. incoming.
- Nearshore: Clean water, early a.m. in for pompano 10-15’ new to Carlos. Lane, mangrove east edges MAY. Mackerel reefs 20-30’ tipped jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Flat water. Deep wrecks 15-20 mi for pelagic action. Kings, cobia, live bait under chum on runners, threads.