Searing heat to rainy weekend ahead. Will again impact fresh water intrusion, salinity level. Fishing quality remains improbable. Racing p.m. outgoing tide on new moon.
- Backwater: Experiencing uncommon species (permit) deep mangroves, supports trend. Snook feeding heavily, Johnson Bay et al; only on pilchards. Mangrove snapper main target, most edges, docks.
- Nearshore: Seeing blacktip shark action, first reefs to 35,’ live bait off bottom under chum. Mangrove, lane snapper southeast corner Five Mile Reef; weighted jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Warmth drawing red grouper east, now 55-60 ft. hard bottom, live pinfish on drift. Yellowtail snapper, reefs 40-50,’ with freelined chum bits in slick.
- Backwater: Snook action, Gordon to ICW junction, first light incoming, pilchards. Snapper, Hurricane edges to Keeywadin docks, cut shrimp. Pompano, Hurricane Pass, early incoming, tipped jigs.
- Nearshore: Snook off beaches; north edge Keewaydin, early incoming. Mackerel, Gordon to Doctors, tipped jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Deep run, mid to late week; Towers. Small crabs under chum, permit. Fast retrieve to beat GG. North off Wiggins 50-55,’ red grouper, drift hard bottom, live bait.
- Backwater: Good water flow excites snook, solid action, east edges New, Big Hickory, pilchards. Oswego Bay drop off’s, sandbar edges, pompano. Trout circa Mound Key grass flats.
- Nearshore: Some tarpon holding, early a.m. incoming, live bait circa Carlos Point. Snapper to 14” east edges MAY complex, weighted jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Shark migration full bore, mid-range to deep reefs, blacktips, sharpnose, hammerhead, live bait under chum. Red grouper, slow migration east, hard bottom, drift, live bait.
Information, questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.