Less p.m. storm predictions for week. Moderate east winds. Marginal mild red tide in evidence. Tides off new moon; strong p.m. outgoing early week. Water temp to unusual high of 86.
- Backwater: Uncommon species scattered. Spec trout Addison Bay; permit to 14” deep Rookery Bay on jigs. Most water brown stained, moderately clear. Snapper to 12” half hour either side slack water.
- Nearshore: Mackerel stay active first second reefs mid a.m. incoming. Solid snapper action southeast corner Five Mile; some gags same venue to 24,” live bait.
- Offshore: Mid to deep reefs, wrecks with bait for kings, either tide; live runner under chum. Yellowtail snapper wrecks 40-50’ with freelined chum bits in slick.
- Backwater: Trout, incoming, Rookery Bay flats early on shrimp; 4’ leader, popper. Permit, deep cut off #R22 on drift. Snook, Gordon to Port Royal; early a.m. incoming, pilchards.
- Nearshore: Blacktips, 20-25 ft., south Keewaydin Reef, cut bait under chum. Mackerel, few blues Gordon to Pier; a.m. incoming only.
- Offshore: Kings, “Shrimper” wreck, a.m. incoming; on runners on wire, in slick. Cobia holding on wrecks 50-60 ft., heavy chum, sight cast threadfin. Yellowtail snapper, same venues, freeline chum bit in slick.
- Backwater: Scattered tarpon action, mostly 30-40#, Estero. Pompano, east Big Hickory channel, circa grass flats drop offs, on 1/4 jigs under popper. Some spec trout circa Mound Key seagrass patches, drift shrimp.
- Nearshore: Snook, off beaches; a.m. incoming; Wiggins to New pilchards. Lane, mangrove snapper to 15,” east edges MAY complex; weighted jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Deep wrecks (30-plus miles) for pelagic action / kings, cobia, sharks) with live bait under heavy chum; a.m. moderate incoming best. Yellowtail snapper, (15-20 miles), on structure with freelined chum bits in slick.