Red tide evident Collier, circa Fort Myers. Storm pattern for week intensifies. Light to moderate winds. Tides to full moon, strong morning ebb. Water temp to severe 86-87.
- Backwater: Best action early a.m. strong incoming. Small mangrove snapper dominant, for size; best, hour either side of slack. Capri, Caxambas Passes, mackerel early, drift, tipped jigs.
- Nearshore: Romano south reefs, spec trout, early, just off bottom, tipped jigs. Mackerel et al; Capri Pass wrecks, tipped surface jigs over chum. Black tip sharks, deep Five Mile Reef.
- Offshore: Gag grouper, 40-50 miles west, southwest, live bait into structure, some chum. Yellowtail snapper on wrecks with bait 15-20 miles; freelined chum bit in slick.
- Backwater: Heat keeps snook active, best Gordon river, Pass to #R18; pilchards post shower. Snapper, Keewaydin docks, best shrimp on one half oz. jig head. Rookery Bay circa #R22 permit 10-12” outgoing on drift.
- Nearshore: Mackerel, Gordon to Pier, jigs over chum. Snapper, east edges Gordon Five, weighted jigs.
- Offshore: Gag grouper deep, 60’-plus, structure, live bait. Mid-range reefs; wrecks for pelagics (kings and cobia) on live bait post chum.
- Backwater: Late season tarpon active circa Estero, spotty, threadfin on early incoming, redfish circa Mound Key, on live bait, edges, high water, mind CCA program. Pompano east edges Big Hickory, Sand drop offs.
- Nearshore: Snook beach edges Wiggins to Lovers first light incoming, pilchards post shower. Mackerel et al 20’ east edges MAY complex.
- Offshore: Gag grouper hot action, keepers, 60’-plus, structure with freelined live bait. Permit, good action; southwest towers on small crabs under chum. Yellowtail snapper, reefs 10-12 miles, freelined chum bits into slick.