Red tide increase in Lee County; milder south. Storm periods prevalent daily. Winds stay mild dominant east and southeast. Tides off full moon. To mild quickly. Water temp circa 88.
- Backwater: Best action early a.m. incoming in clean water; Rookery and Johnson Bay. Snook on shallow points. Mackerel, permit, pompano in main current flow. Snapper tight to edges Addison Bay.
- Nearshore: Kice Island on a.m. early incoming. Snook just off the beaches. On pilchards or threads. Pompano on slack tide Tigertail beach in 10’ on tipped jigs. Walton Reef for mackerel early incoming on jigs over chum.
- Offshore: Gag grouper deep 60’-plus; west/northwest on structure on freelined live bait. Pelagics (kings, cobia, cuda) on deep wrecks holding bait with live bait under chum.
- Backwater: Hurricane Pass first of a.m. incoming for pompano with jigs on drift. Snook south edges Gordon Pass rip rap first light with pilchards. Rookery Bay flats for trout late a.m. incoming shrimp under popper.
- Nearshore: Mackerel, bluefish schools 20-30’ Pier to Doctors on jigs over chum. Shrimper wreck for smaller kings, blacktip sharks on live bait under chum.
- Offshore: Reefs southwest Gordon 8-12 miles good lane, mangrove snapper with weighted jigs under chum. Kings, cobia showing deeper wrecks on blue runners under chum.
- Backwater: Early a.m. snook Carlos, New Passes at first light on pilchards, freelined threads. Pompano east channel Big Hickory on sand edges grass bottom on either tide.
- Nearshore: Snook hot catch early first light incoming with pilchards off beaches. Snapper action hot east edge MAY reef.
- Offshore: Gag grouper NW 60’ with structure on live pinfish freelined. Southwest to USAF towers for permit to 30 pound-plus on freelined small crabs under chum. Please release this threatened species.