Red tide condition lingers. Stronger north. Provoked by Okeechobee discharges. Super-hot week with frequent light rain. Light winds. Super 4’-plus midday outgoing tide. Water temp sustains 88.
- Backwater: Move to clean, bait laden water in Bays with good current. Rookery, Johnson, Addison. Mackerel, pompano, permit scattered in deeper cuts. On jig heads with live shrimp. Marco river east of bridge for Redfish in shallows.
- Nearshore: Bait schools move to first reefs. Good action mackerel, bluefish et al. Southeast corner 5 Mile Reef for lane snapper on jigs.
- Offshore: Mid-range wrecks holding bait; drawing pelagic action kings, cobia, permit, sharks. Inside reefs for yellowtail snapper on freelined chum bits.
- Backwater: Redfish a.m. incoming both sides Dollar Bay on shrimp 3’ under popper. Try Rookery Bay flats on super mid-day ebb with pilchards for snook. Hurricane Pass for pompano first hour early a.m. incoming.
- Nearshore: Pelagics early incoming clean water north of Pier with tipper jigs. Mangrove snapper to 12” east edges Gordon Five on weighted jigs under chum.
- Offshore: Go south. Work deep wrecks, towers for permit on small crabs. Mid-range wrecks off Marco for yellowtail snapper with on freelined chum bits in slick with late set bail.
- Backwater: Seek bait, bird action clean water. Snook first light early incoming Carlos and New Channels on pilchards post shower. East edges Big Hickory at high water mackerel in fast water; whiting off sand bottom as tide eases with jigs.
- Nearshore: Strong blacktip shark action 15-20ft New Pass to north of Wiggins on cut bait under chum. Mackerel east edges MAY complex with tipped jigs post strong chum effort.
- Offshore: Go south voiding red tide effects. Deep wrecks Naples working live bait under chum for kings, sharks. Top water for cobia on sightcast thread herring.